Plug and play fuel pressure gauge insert for 7A cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug and play fuel pressure gauge insert for 7A cars

I am looking for a male to female fuel line insert with 1/8 NPT gauge port that I can install on my 7A engine? I am posting here with the hope that someone has already done this and know the proper thread sizes and can direct me to a link. Thanks!

Where are you planning to put the gauge? Dashboard or under the bonnet for diagnostic purposes?
    The 7a fuel lines are a strange set up with metric threads and convex flare in the flex hose and concave in the rail. No idea what radius the flares are but pirtek hose supplier here in the UK couldn't get them.

I got fed up with trying to find inline adapters, gauge ports, converters etc everytime I wanted to fit a gauge and test pressure so I welded a threaded boss on the end of the fuel rail and simply undo the bolt that seals it up, screw in gauge and job done. It takes 2 mins.

I used m10x1mm boss because that's what my gauge thread is but you can get a variety of threads of course.

Comment

Hi there and thank you for your input. I'd like to place the gauge under the bonnet for diagnostic purposes and have no welding skills. An inline adapter options would be great!

Thank you!

Comment

Good luck finding the correct radius flare. The fuel hoses are m14x1.5 and m16x1.5 if I rember correctly, that's only half the battle though as the flare not seating against the other half of the equation leads to significant leaks. ​​​​​​

Hopefully someone will be able to answer your question with a link to a suitable part but if they don't, it's a 5 minute job to take the fuel rial off and take it to someone with a welder...

Comment

Maybe that's the best way. Do you have a picture?

Comment

Not on the car at the moment but here you go I've only got a mig welder and some skill and it was do-able but a bit tight underneath where the two rails are next to each other. A proper welder with TIG or brazing torch would do it no problem. Putting the boss coming out of the end of the rail gives better clearance for welding but you lose more fuel taking the bolt out to fit gauge.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Wow! That looks great! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X