Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rs2 Fuel Tank Guard..... is it a big job ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs2 Fuel Tank Guard..... is it a big job ?

Hi Guys, noticed the fuel tank guard on my Rs2 has rusted away and needs to be replaced, Etka is not clear as the guards shown don’t look like the one I have.. see the pic...
    Question is what part number do I need.... and what chance of finding one new , or even used... Has anyone replaced it, is it a big job, does the tank need to come out ??? Is it something I can do without ??

appreciate any advice ?

paul
    Attached Files

Not too difficult to fabricate using aluminium sheet. I made a couple for mine. The difficult bit will be dropping the tank with everything else in situ. You may just be able to drop it enough. I had the car striped bare, so easy job. You might find the support straps are rusty as well. I had to make one up.
    If you can find a good rust free Avant being broken, they are the same across the 80.
    Do the filter while the tank is dropped.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I replaced mine at home so I don't recall it being too difficult, and I'm no expert!

Thinking back the tricky part was the plastic inner wheel arch protector, which I recall having to remove. That was old and brittle, so I ended up replacing that too.

Comment

This is one thing I'd suggested to Alex error404 to fabricate from stainless. I believe the part is NLA.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
          This is one thing I'd suggested to Alex error404 to fabricate from stainless. I believe the part is NLA.
          I did source one from a online site, but this would four or five years ago, no idea if they are on Tradition, not that it ever seems to work in the last year or so!

I would agree fabbing one in stainless is a better option for longevity.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, a plan is “forming”.... will let you know how I get on !!

Comment

Is this the one?
              8D0201307B
              Looks similar but listed under early A4

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/ShowSearchResults.do
              It wasn't available when I did mine.
              Last edited by Tractor Dave; 19 January 2020, 20:29.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
                Is this the one?
                8D0201307B
                Looks similar but listed under early A4

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/ShowSearchResults.do
                It wasn't available when I did mine.
                Now you say. my memory is jogged, and I think I may have used an A4 one when I did mine. I remember the replacement wheel arch plastic wasn't RS2 so I had to cut it back so it cleared the suspension.

Comment

Working...
                X