Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to go on using E85 2.2 AAN

Hello,
    And i do apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge.
    What steps do i need to take in order to use E85 on 2.2 AAN (has maxxecu )
    the idea is to check how much power i would get out of the engine with that, ive tried searching for a guide or something but with no luck.
    If someone would be so kind to explain it to me please.

Well you already have the MaxxECU so you'd only need to hook up a flexfuel sensor and map it for different ethanol concentrations.
    Eg E5, E40, E60 & E85.
    That way you can fill the car with basically any mix of gasoline and E85.

I've done it on my car with hardware RS2 except billet wheel on turbo and nearly reached 500hp on E75.

On a stock AAN engine you'd probably not see much gain since injectors would be too small.
    If injectors and fuelpump is upgraded I think you could gain ~20% more hp & nm from gasoline, maybe.
    Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes
    http://www.garaget.org/?car=52877

Comment

I do have 870cc injectors and 044 bosch pump. I guess then i need to check into that flexfuel sensor, atm i should be doing 300kw. Will check dyno nex week or so.
      just want to try the E85

Comment

I have 880 cc injectors and same 044 pump (+ relay from battery).

On gasoline I made 380-400hp and on E75 almost 480-500hp so it makes a big difference if you adjust ignition timing and such to make use of the 110+ octane.
        Audi S2 -1994 | 480 Hp 650 Nm | FlexFuel | MaxxECU | 3" Stainless | Porsche GT3 Front Brakes

Comment

Don't forget to use PTFE fuel lines. Ethanol is corrosive in lines designed for gasoline. Similarly, you'll have to run gasoline through the system before you park it for an extended period of time (like for the winter) so the injectors don't corrode.

You can get GM FlexFuel sensors for cheap from the USA which are reliable and readily available. Not sure what you have locally available in Europe.
          Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
          2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
          2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
          1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
          1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
            Don't forget to use PTFE fuel lines. Ethanol is corrosive in lines designed for gasoline.
            I'm not sure this is true, to my understanding all hoses or lines classed for gasoline is ethanol safe.
            The gasoline is more aggressive than ethanol.
            The opposite is true for Methanol.

Ethanol do act as a cleaning agent so it might clean off some old muck which opens an already existing hole.

Originally posted by PRY4SNO View Post
            You can get GM FlexFuel sensors for cheap from the USA which are reliable and readily available. Not sure what you have locally available in Europe.
            These sensors are readily available in Europe as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Wut5dat View Post
              I do have 870cc injectors and 044 bosch pump. I guess then i need to check into that flexfuel sensor, atm i should be doing 300kw. Will check dyno nex week or so.
              just want to try the E85
              Excellent, I also run MaxxEcu and i'm planning on doing the same soon. Same pump 044 here. I run a GT3071 and made 360whp@24psi on pump fuel. Maybe change rods first before E85, because of torque.

Maxxecu should be able to read from sensor input of 0-5v, where 5v = E85.

Are you running stock turbo ?

Let us know how does it go !

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Wut5dat View Post
                just want to try the E85
                Hi ! were you able to hit the dyno ??

Any feedback of the flexfuel sensor ??

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X