Coupe quattro windshield removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newsh View Post

That’s really weird, I don’t remember paying , if I did it must have been a one off payment of a couple of quid cos I’m pretty tight when it comes to paying for apps! Certainly worth every penny though because I hardly use the laptop any more.
    Check your bank statements as they wanted a few quid a month from me. I stuck with the free version and medium pics are fine.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Apparently it's a subscription of $0.99 US a month for VIP status, so no adverts and full size photo uploads, which I know is a tiny amount to pay for anything these day's. However due to my mangled hands and right wrist I do struggle a bit with small touch screens, yesterdays visit to the hospital also revealed that my left elbow is still quite badly broken and I've been told not to use it, so I'm basically housebound apart from my daily constitutional walk. So as I'm going to be a sat in front of my laptop for the next month I kinda begrudge paying for something I'll hardly use. Though I totally agree that the App is great, I'm going to have another go listing some stuff on eBay using my phone tomorrow (the last attempt enraged me) if it goes better then I may sign up as it means I'm getting use to trying to operate the dam thing. I also have to stop punching stuff when I'm cross, the consultant yesterday remarked upon how many bones have been broken in my hands/fingers over the years, most of which I've been oblivious to.

Anyway, my health issues and Luddite tendency's are distractions from this chaps thread.... If you want to remove the screen to paint the car I really would think twice about embarking upon it unless your ready to buy a new screen as it's going to be very hard to get out without risking it cracking, even with the dash out the way. It's a laminated piece of glass that's been through thousands of heat cycles as well as having perhaps having some tiny imperfections from stone chips etc, it will not like being disturbed at all.

With the A-post trims removed and some very careful masking you can do a nice job of painting a B3 Coupe, I seem to recall one can use the trick of tucking a bit of fine wire under the trim across the top of the screen to allow paint/lacquer to blow under it, though it's been a while since I looked that closely at one and I can't remember if that trick works on them, dam I'm getting old.
      Last edited by K Simmonds; 13 November 2021, 19:08. Reason: Appalling English.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Just found these might be of use

Comment

Removed file as wrong on attached

Comment

Working...
          X