Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone confirm the price iof the genuine article from Rob....?
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

• Just hang on! The damed invoice went to the new workshop and I haven't had time to get there this week..

Should be around £125 inc p&p..
      I'll get a pic today so you can see its the real deal!
      Rob..
      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant
      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• I have question...

i have a prop from the old compi i had, and it is cleand and painted...

but i didnt mark the position of the yoke on the shaft...

how bad is this? is the prop balanced as a single piece, or is each peace balanced separatly?
        Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• I am fairly sure they are balanced separatly. I don't see how they could be done in one piece...

Has the bearing turned up?

Rob..
          94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
          87 UR 20v ABY
          97 S6 Avant
          96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
          1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

• Got the bearing yesterday, thanx!
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

• Sorry if i didn't point out that the bracket is slightly wider than the original one fitted to the S2 now but other than that it is as o:e,so you need to trim a bit off and drill a couple of holes in the bracket and thats it. The BMW one is nothing like the Audi one,i wouldn't want it on my car its not up to the job.
              I do try to help people out with the right bits and as you can't buy the Genuine Audi item unless you buy the complete shaft i really thought everyone would have found it simple to fit.
              Quattro Corner Audi OEM Parts

Comment

• Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                Won't just be the prop running out of line due to the sag, prop will move back and forth at an incorrect rate to the gearbox and diff.

I am no expert on props, the propshaft clinic is! thats what they told me ages ago when I rocked up with bmw one i bought from Pete Reeve (never said it was not a Audi one when ordering). Clinc would not fit it. The genuine one is available whats the problem?

Terry,
                Last time I had one it was around £105. hope to do better for bigger order.

I have never sold a BMW ANYTHING

Comment

• Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                  Thats was true! It was the incorrect BMW one. :corey:
                  I don't know if he has found same supplier as me.

Sorry skull, been rather busy....

I'll ring the supplier today, promise!

I dont sell bmw centre bearings and never have

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Reeve View Post
                    Sorry if i didn't point out that the bracket is slightly wider than the original one fitted to the S2 t.
                    That was my issue, I would have appreciated if this was pointed out when the item was bought as you are an OE parts supplier.

I do not have a problem with modifying parts to fit, however not when I pay for OE parts and am not told this at the time of purchase after having had it confirmed this was the replacement part for my car, it would have also made my life much easier to modify the part prior to fitting, however I just checked it was roughly similar and fitted it trusting I had been supplied the part which would fit my car (which was a stupid mistake I know, will not happen again).

However the part is now fitted and working with no apparent issues. So I am grateful for not having to buy a new prop shaft, however a little more pre purchase information would not go amiss for future sales.

And yes the part supplied appears as original but longer bracket, definitely different from the ecp bmw one.
                    Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                    Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• OK if anyone has an old genuine prop centre bearing carrier they no longer need i would be greatfull if you would send it to me and i'll have the new brackets altered to suit so its a direct fit

Comment

• Recieved my centre bearing from ECP yesterday which i had quoted the BMW part number given in this thread. It has arrived with no centre hearing. just the bush. This happened to anyone before?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomwood_uk View Post
                          Recieved my centre bearing from ECP yesterday which i had quoted the BMW part number given in this thread. It has arrived with no centre hearing. just the bush. This happened to anyone before?
                          Yup, that is what I got.
                          Current-2004 Impreza PPP wagon

Sold-92 3B coupe-RS2+, 996s, konis, rear torsen, forged rods........
                          Sold ABY-stock

Comment

• Hey guys!

Can anyone tell me the part number of the Ford Scorpio CVs you use for ovehaul the propshaft?

The exact Scorpio model and engine would also help a lot.

Cheers Jan

Comment

• Anyone know if I can use this to overhaul my prop ? Is this an alternative to either using the BMW part or a modified part from QC
                              http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis...ing-p-351.html
                              For what this cost me so far I could have bought an S2

Comment

• get the proper one off Rob
                                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                                Indigo ABY coupé
                                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X