Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope you used 'lambda sensor friendly' silicone sealant as I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a small risk that you can damage lambda probes when they get a whiff of normal silicone sealant.

Must admit it sounded like a helluva long shot but it is documented somewhere and you can buy 'lambda friendly' sealant for this reason !

Paul
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

WHAT??????????????????

Now I've heard it all
      Martyn
      -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

Hopefully the silicone was set off before I started the engine. With the amount of other cr*p it has to smell I am surprised its that sensitive! You will recall the amount of posts we had with my tickover problem ! Having done:- TBV, WGFV, recirc hose, vacuum trees etc etc, it is now rock steady and settles faster on first stop, its only taken 6 months to fix! New rad and thermostat sorted and 26.4mpg avg.

Comment

Paul, nearly every automotive silly cone sealers are o2 sensor safe now. I know that the one we use at work is, but then it is a high quality Wurth product. Dont use **** products.
          sigpic
          Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
          Audi UR Quattro
          Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
          Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
          Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Ordered my reducer hose and clips today from SFS. When I called and asked for the price of a straight reducer before I could say which the guy said "is it the 70-60 for use on an Audi S2?"

It was the third order he had taken today. He couldn't understand the big rush on them. I said blame a guy called Mark who suggested the mod to the S2 owners club!

I'd be asking for a royalty if I were you Mark

Leigh
            Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

How much is this?

The SAMCO one from Demon Tweeks is £20 delivered.

SAMCO also showed you how to cut them properly - put a jubilee clip on it and use it as a guide - no going squint while cutting!
              S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Think it was £27 delivered with 2 stainless jubilee clips.

Leigh
                Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

15th ish person to buy one - we should have had a group buy on these
                  Attached Files
                  S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Yeah, but who knew this would be the hottest simplest mod ?

It's maybe worth approaching SFS or Samco to make such a hose - pre cut down to the right size for the S2 application.

Paul
                    Paul Nugent
                    Webmaster http://S2central.net
                    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

I managed to get mine at their trade price. ~£12 for the hose. I had a 3m roll of 4mm vac hose and some clips as well and itcame to about £25 all in with delivery.

He admitted he shouldn't have told me the trade prices as soon as he realised what it was for. 'Do you drive an S2?' he asked. Still he honoured the prices.

I would imagine they would accept a group buy at a reduced price although he told me they normally have a minimum order value for trade customers.

Ben
                      the best intentions are fraught with disappointment - gil grissom

sigpic
                      1994 ABY Avant - it's getting there

Comment

Note the quality of the "jubilee" clips in the pic. I elected to use some from my own stock and have had one jump its teeth on the
                        worm drive as it was being done up tight. Be warned - use those supplied or find good quality clips before you do the job. ( Getting good at getting the bumper off though !). James.

Comment

I got one of the SFS supplied clips to jump a tooth when doing it up... had to use another I had just to be sure... you REALLY do need VERY high quality clips for this mod, especially at the top end of the hose.
                          Martyn
                          -------------------------------------

www.vagparts.com

Comment

I used some hardcore clips bought from a company called JCS.
                            They do several different type clips, but one of them is about 25mm wide!!! That grips like hell and has a monster sized screw thread. They didn't slip and they are on there tight.
                            sigpic
                            Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                            Audi UR Quattro
                            Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
                            Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
                            Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Could some one send me a guide on how to remove the bumper?
                              My car is running like a real dogg all of a sudden, 1.8 gtis can out accelerate me!!!!!!. gonna try this little mod 1st off
                              Last edited by AbsS2; 2 November 2003, 11:53.
                              Coupe

Comment

Just a quick note to add. Straight 63 mm hose WILL stretch to 70 mm and easily crushed to 60mm. works a treat! and @ £5 for an off cut from a local supplier damm cheap too! (but thats just me! a cheap skate!)
                                Money is everything! Second to Power of course!!! But money breeds power??

Comment

Working...
                                X