How to clean alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean alloys

Go into a bike shop and buy "Muc Off" - it's a pink in a pump spray bottle.

Tried it on the alloys and it is superb - I've used Wonder wheels stuff which was good but it will eat into the lacquer - Muc Off won't.

Use a brush to get into the corners - wrap some electrical tape round the metal part of the brush so it won't scratch them - dead easy.

Oh yeah - it's good for cleaning your mountian bike as well.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Hehe...whatever happened to soapy water? :nana:
    Painfully said goodbye to my baby....

2001 A4
    Silver with black leather, Symphony, sport package, S4 bumper and wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MikQuattro
      Hehe...whatever happened to soapy water? :nana:
      Soapy water = not driving hard enough

Comment

I found it turned my tyres brown & stopped using it as I couldn't be sure it doesn't contain nasty chemicals - it's designed for dissolving oily mess on gearsets etc so they might not have considered expensive ally laquor in their development tests .....
        Muc-off is cheap but god knows what it might do to good / kerbed wheels....

sorry! but be careful....

PS if anyone is interested I found toilet cleaner blocks are fantastic for cleaning the scaley deposits from my goldfish bowl. Unfortunately it's bleach like and poor little fishies don't like anything even mildly chemical.... It works - but it could kill the fishies if the bowls not 110% clean after......

Al

Comment

I've used it for a year or so every weekend on my bike and tyres on that and never had browning - I didn't notice browning on the tyres on the car - I'll keep an eye on it though.

Comment

Just seen at Demon tweeks you can buy muc off specifically for alloys.

Comment

Working...
            X