Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2/ABY Exhaust Downpipe

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between a RS2 ADU exhaust downpipe and a ABY downpipe? I'm assuming flange positions are the same just pipe diameters are different.

thanks
    Andrew

ABY is 2.5 inch RS2 is 2.75 inch

Comment

Thanks Jamo
      Just realised i should have looked on the forum a bit more as this has been covered before

Andrew

Comment

Personally - 3" stainless makes sense, unless you are trying to keep it strictly OEM. ABY items are commonly found but obviously RS2 quite rare... if it's of any use I am planning to replace my RS2 downpipe this month...
        AUDI - saving Dad's from minivans since 1994

Comment

Hi Ross,

I'm very interested in the RS2 downpipe, any idea when you might be taking it out?
          I need it sooner than later unfortunately. If you could pm me the details and how much you'd want for it that'd be great.

Andrew

Comment

You have PM

Comment

Seriously Ross stop it your making me want to start playing,,

Comment

I am pushing the limits of OEM+ aren't I

Thing is, the Big Brake upgrade is factory and HIDs are a worthwhile enhancement that don't take away from the original character of the car... the engine rebuild is acceptable too - comes with the territory of an older car - and headwork is really just a '+' as it simply enhances the efficiency of the original design... and what car doesn't look and sound better with a Miltek or equivalent? So exhaust mods are a '+'...

Only thing I'm struggling to justify right now is turbo and injector replacement, cant escape it - they are 'mods'... I can live with non-OEM turbo as it came with a hybrid and I'm hoping to be closer to 'stock' spool with my new unit, which uses purist KKK housings... I could always go greentop 440s to keep that stock look I guess

Can you tell I have a complex about this?

Comment

When you have 2 cars , one to keep oem and the other to go mods .. then *cough*
                  Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Working...
                  X