Audi 2.6 v6 thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi 2.6 v6 thermostat

Does anyone know where the thermostat is on an audi 2.6 v6 abc engine code?

Thanks

Originally posted by sal_s2

Thanks
    On my 2,8 V6 Aah IT IS BETWEEN THE two cylinder lines under the suction duct system. A hellofa job to access.
    Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

A tad of topic gents, But assuming you both own V6's I have a question for you.

Is it possible to modify the V6 for more power output (2.6/2.8...either one I guess) without spending silly money on it?

Rob

Comment

help

Thanks
        its located on the left hand cyl bank on the front as you look at the car,follow the top hose to the alloy connecter.the housing is behind the cambelt.you maybe able to remove without cambelt removal,ive not tried this we usually replace with cambelt w/pump etc.if its overheating its worth checking the w/pump they have a plastic impeller that falls off...tim

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Thanks for the info
            Its possible to give the 2,8 V6 some 12 HP and 20 NM with chiptuning. Its a single eprom. A guy has it here, satisfied upto now. Consumes a liter less, goes a little better.
            Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
              Its possible to give the 2,8 V6 some 12 HP and 20 NM with chiptuning. Its a single eprom. A guy has it here, satisfied upto now. Consumes a liter less, goes a little better.
              Horvathg, is this chip available to the 2.8 V6 after 1993? Audi changed from Bosch to Hitachi after early 1993 I think, though you say a single eprom which the Hitachi is....mmmm.
              30v 80 Cabriolet - FOR SALE!

Comment

FYI on thermostat

Comment

what about the AAH THERMOSTAT? is it located in the same place? i feel like mine open hardly after the car get very hot... and then the temperature gauges start to works in the cluster is it possible? btw.. my coolant fluid is geting browny more and more day after day what is the meaning of that?

Comment

Originally posted by kninio
                    what about the AAH THERMOSTAT? is it located in the same place? i feel like mine open hardly after the car get very hot... and then the temperature gauges start to works in the cluster is it possible? btw.. my coolant fluid is geting browny more and more day after day what is the meaning of that?

AAH T. in the same place.

You could have a sticking thermostat or the water pump impeller is failing. Sounds like you have contaminated coolant and rust deposits which could cause the thermostat to stick . Drain and flush the coolant and use the Audi coolant which is phosphate free and de-ionised (battery) water.

Comment

true i found some small pieces of rust or sand in the bottle of coolant . ill flush it with rad flush fluid? i put it in the coolant and i run the engine for 15 mints and then i drain it or is it something else? what about the g12 plus is it phosphate free? i will change the cambelt and the thermostat at the end of the month and by the way we will check if the water pump is ok. i wonder does the g12 coolant make the engine warm? i have temperature most of the time 85 degree in slow drive but in high way its 80 75.

Comment

Working...
                      X