Tyre comparisons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre comparisons

I am currently using Continental contisport5's which seem great in wet and dry but the side wall seems weak and the rubber looks as though it is perishing before the tread has worn out

Thinking of having a go at Toyo proxy or Pirrelli P Zero next anyone used these two what do you think about them

I have a set of Contisport 5's ready to go on my BMW, I bought them from reading a few reviews that said they were a pretty good all-rounder.

The Federal 595 RS-R's on my RS2 are great but since the clutch failed a few weeks ago the car's been stood still in the garage so I can't really report on how they wear.

Not a very informative post really, sorry...
    RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
    RS2 - LHD on the road again
    RS2 - reduced to component parts
    RS2 Saloon replica
    A4 1.8T
    BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
    sigpic

Comment

You want to go on the net and read the reviews. I settled for Goodyear eagle F1 asymmetric 2's and really rate them.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...09395566,d.bGQ
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

The best durability and performance tire I had was Pirelli P zero rosso.Very good on wet and very good on dry when they are warmed.No problem with wearing on side wall.
        Good Year F1 best on dry termac but less durability.Michelin Pilot Sport 3 best on wet but definitely not a sport tire.Just my experience and opinion

Comment

Michelin PS3 are supposed to be a good all-round sports tyre. Continental are a good brand, perhaps get some XL rated ones, to stiffen the sidewalls up?

I have Dunlop Sport Maxx on my everyday rims and have used them on a wet track at Combe. I've never felt that I wanted more or been disappointed by them, so worth a look, perhaps?

Avoid trayday tyres on a road car, they ruin the ride, are crap in standing water and will last a short time.

Toyo aren't what they used to be, Kumho the same, so best avoided. Rainsport 3s have stupidly soft sidewalls, so are best left for the daily commute.
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I put Goodyear Eagle F1 asymetric on my S2 this year and I'm pulling them off asap. Really weak sidewall once they get hot. I have P Zero Rosso before them and they were great.
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Think I might have a crack at the P Zero's then, surprised how fast the Conti's wore out too

Comment

I have never heard anyone have such problems with the ContiSport 5s. Can you add some pictures and details of the wheel size?
                1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

I've run falken fk452's and currently the fk453's and came from using Toyo, Goodyear f1's and pilot sports and I have to say they compare very very well. Quiet, grip in wet and dry conditions and feel pretty good too. They are well respected across a range of models if you have a hunt on piston heads... Personally I couldn't get the pilot sports off the car quick enough, and sold them on the forum about 1/2 through their tread life as they were terrible in the wet.

Conti5 on our Octavia and they seem good but fwd car and very light compared to front heavy s2
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

My continental sport contact 2 tires on the Urs4 seem a good all rounder. I use the Porsche n2 spec 255 40 17. What are the tires discussed here like in comparison? I will be needing 4 in the summer and might even change to a 235 45 17 or a 245 40 17. Not sure yet.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Klobsters View Post
                      I have never heard anyone have such problems with the ContiSport 5s. Can you add some pictures and details of the wheel size?
                      Maybe they are Chinese copies, they seem to produce everything that is expensive

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                        I've run falken fk452's and currently the fk453's and came from using Toyo, Goodyear f1's and pilot sports and I have to say they compare very very well. Quiet, grip in wet and dry conditions and feel pretty good too. They are well respected across a range of models if you have a hunt on piston heads... Personally I couldn't get the pilot sports off the car quick enough, and sold them on the forum about 1/2 through their tread life as they were terrible in the wet.

Conti5 on our Octavia and they seem good but fwd car and very light compared to front heavy s2
                        Same here, fiitted FK453's back in the summer (though would have went with the Nokian Line if I could've found them locally) so got approx 3k on them since then , out in all conditions, so far, so good , quiet and sensible prices, got the nokian GS for the winter if the Falkens can't hack it..

Comment

The falkens are looking very interesting especially the prices compared to some of the others

Comment

Pirelli Pzero rosso,awesome on hot !

Comment

I third the p-zero Rossi, but pricey but they grip and wear extremely well

Comment

Working...
                              X