RS2 Wings v's S2 Avant Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RS2 Wings v's S2 Avant Wings

Until now, I've heard several answers to the above in terms of 'what's the difference'.

Well, I have a pair of both types of genuine Audi wings here, so I hope this can be a difinitive answer for anyone interested.

First thing to say is that they are IDENTICAL wings in every physical way with only one exception.......

The S2 wings have several holes below the coachline for fitting the trim strip and the Audi oval. The RS2 wings have no holes at all.

None of the wings have a hole for the side repeaters.

Everything else is the same.

It had been suggested to me that the RS2 wings has a different 'roll' on the (under)arch. This is not the case.

I originally bought the S2 wings for my RS2 because I was stupid enough to believe what the dealer told me - RS2 wings were NLA. However, it transpired that what they meant was that Audi UK in Milton Keynes didn't have them in stock. It's a mistake to believe the dealers, as Audi UK isn't the same as Audi AG. They are, in fact, just a UK company concerned with importing the Audi cars and have no real interest in you getting the right parts for your classic car.

Audi Tradition have stock of RS2 wings. The only obstacle is the price, which is almost double the cost of the S2 wings.

Anyone needing a pair of genuine S2 Avant wings is welcome to them for £200. Doubtless, you can probably get an aftermarket patern part for less than this, but I was £119+vat each from the dealer. I'm in no hurry to move them and I don't particularly want to ship them, so you'd need to be in the North East of Scotland to collect. I suppose I can always keep them until they are NLA and ask for £500!!
    John

A Small Collection...

I got the wing badge holes (below the trim line) brazed filled. I suppose the same could be done for the trim slots.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

audi 80 saloon b4 wings are same as rs2 nothing special sorry just edited it
      Last edited by curlylee; 22 March 2016, 22:19.

Comment

Originally posted by curlylee View Post
        audi 80 saloon wings 86-91 are same as rs2 nothing special
        That is not correct. Pre 92 has a very different look, a much smaller fender-flare etc.
        92-96 80 on the other hand is probably the same as rs2.

Comment

This sounds exactly like "i need a wing for a Mk1 Sierra RS Cosworth". No problem mate here's a sierra 1.6 L front wing. There all the same Mk1 sierra front wings.Should be the same for RS2 all B4 front wings fit perfectly and have same profile except no repeater hole.Easy enough to sort that though.
          96 URS6 plus speck saloon
          96 URS6 plus speck estate
          94 2.6 80 Avant
          99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Hi gents
            There is one more thing...
            Trim rs2 and s2 different

S2

RS2

S2 avant

Comment

The S2 have a "hole" and the trim on upside of this hole.
              The RS2 have the trim on the "hole".

No more

Well, yesss, the under trim is different too.
              photobucket SUCKS
              sigpic

Comment

Not under the trim.
                Trim is different.

S2 avant

Comment

Originally posted by Classix View Post
                  Not under the trim.
                  Trim is different.

S2 avant
                  The up trim and the low trim, are differents. All pieces are differents, but the wings are identical.
                  PS: the top (up) trim is on a different position on the wing. And that look like a different wing
                  photobucket SUCKS
                  sigpic

Comment

You are 99% correct M Gordon, the RS2 wings dont have the holes for the S2 style trim or the S2 style audi badge. But other than that they are the same.
                    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Thanx guys, sorry for troubles..

S2 avant

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                        You are 99% correct M Gordon, the RS2 wings dont have the holes for the S2 style trim or the S2 style audi badge. But other than that they are the same.
                        Yesss.

PD: I only tolk about the trims
                        photobucket SUCKS
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by irishs2 View Post
                          So if S2 and RS2 (I'm talking only about Avants of course) wings are the same, except those holes then it means that wings from A80 B4 are the same as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by sailaz View Post
                            So if S2 and RS2 (I'm talking only about Avants of course) wings are the same, except those holes then it means that wings from A80 B4 are the same as well ?
                            This is something i also would like to know. I am in need of both fenders on my RS2 and if the case is that i could buy 80 B4 92-96 fenders for 1/3 of the price it would be a nice surprise.
                            - 95 RS2
                            - 86 Cq

Comment

S2 is technically still an 80. So yes, they are the same. You just have to fill the holes and you're good to go.
                              1994 Audi 80 Competition

Comment

Working...
                              X