aan manifold with rad at a funny angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aan manifold with rad at a funny angle

weighing up my options last night on fitting my aan manifold i was going to try and fit a very thin rad behind the intercooler but it aint happening so has anyone got any tips/advice on how to acheve whats in the picture below, i placed mine like this last night but just didnt look right somehow

cheers
    will
    Attached Files

Originally posted by WabTheKing
    weighing up my options last night on fitting my aan manifold i was going to try and fit a very thin rad behind the intercooler but it aint happening so has anyone got any tips/advice on how to acheve whats in the picture below, i placed mine like this last night but just didnt look right somehow

cheers
    will
    Why it doesn't look right for you ? Mine is fitted exactly the same. You need to make longer and strong mount on the bottom "leg", and make two custom brackets. Also you need to put fan deeper into radiator . It works. It cools the engine. Also, ir you have harsh suspension, and like to ride on the rough surfaces (like gravel), it will start leak due to higher stress.

Sau
    Attached Files
    200 20vt 88' 3b, human carrier
    CQ typ85 with AAN inside, see project blog at http://kwlw.blogspot.com

Comment

erm i have 400lb springs on the front which do make it a tad hard and i live down a gravel track, NOT LOOKING GOOD!

i think it was the bottom bracket that was making the rad too high as my bonnet wouldnt shut

Comment

Originally posted by kwlw
        Why it doesn't look right for you ? Mine is fitted exactly the same. You need to make longer and strong mount on the bottom "leg", and make two custom brackets. Also you need to put fan deeper into radiator . It works. It cools the engine. Also, ir you have harsh suspension, and like to ride on the rough surfaces (like gravel), it will start leak due to higher stress.

Sau
        How rough is rough? Wehere will it start to leak? Why? Is there any good fix? Would a different radiator do the trick? I'm thinking thicker alu rad maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Henka
          How rough is rough? Wehere will it start to leak? Why? Is there any good fix? Would a different radiator do the trick? I'm thinking thicker alu rad maybe.
          Radiator is "lying" a bit in such configuration, not standing vertical. Thus older radiator may start to leak where plastic end joins the core (at the bottom). However I know ppl, who are using radiators in this position for three years now. No leaks, 0.5km of gravel every day.

Sau
          P.S. Mine is leaking a bit
          http://www.soften.ktu.lt/~kwlw/misc/pokapotu.jpg
          Last edited by kwlw; 8 June 2005, 10:54.

Comment

No problems with heat either then? I mean, the projected area of the rad is reduced quite a bit when you turn it like that.

Oh and also - no AC huh? That won't fit no matter what with a AAN intake?

Comment

Remembver your battery is under the bonnet Will, there is a lot less room than in those pics above of LHD european cars.

Comment

Yeah, the battery pushes the ABS pump forward too. I've looked at mine and given up one the idea. A custom radiator with a section removed for the throttle body may give you room to fit the AAN manifold without having to cut and weld it?
                91 Modded 3B
                14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

or you could talk to norcals2limo and copy his way
                  Attached Files
                  Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
                  S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Yeah.... Now that's interesting.

Comment

The only thing i don't lke with the V6 Rad is that you put weight very far front wich is not good for handling.
                      I would like more to put the rad in the back where normaly you get the spare wheel in My RS2 with duct from the side of the car to bring air and cut the botom of the spare wheel case to let the air come out.
                      Like this you start to get a better weight balance.
                      RS2 chip by mihnea,PKM short IM, forge dump valve, 3" custom stainless exhaust, 18"X8" Porsche 996 rims, conti contact 245/35 Front 225/40 Rear, QR sport top mount, Powerflex bushes, aloy sub frame bushes, neuspeed 19mm RARB,Hard tranny mount, V8 torsen on RS2

Comment

from other view.
                        Attached Files
                        --------------------------------------------------------
                        Real carbon parts for S2 and RS2. Check Carbondesign on facebook

Comment

Who's cooler setup is that? No wonder these things crack. How is it fixed at the top then?

Comment

Originally posted by Henka
                            Who's cooler setup is that? No wonder these things crack. How is it fixed at the top then?
                            Mine looks pretty much the same from the this point. At the top you fix by making long "leg" from the front of the car, or from the firewall.

Sau

Comment

[QUOTE=rotoryboy]or you could talk to norcals2limo and co

tryed this with an inch thick rad off a 200sx, no go wont fit behind the bumper

its close tho!!! id only need bout 15mm more, anyone got a top veiw of that limo to see where the power assist pump/alternator is?

Comment

Working...
                              X