It's all turning to rat s**t!!!!....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all turning to rat s**t!!!!....

Since owning my S2 for a month now it seems there is a ever increasing number of faults appearing!!...for example....
    1. Found out this morning my electric heated drivers mirror isn't working!!!
    2. My fog lights have a mind of their own!!!....
    3. As does my engine, performance wise!!...it seems to have a major boost leak!!!
    4. My drivers electric window does whatever it feels like!!!

There are so many other things to list but some of these will be fixed in the next couple of weeks...

Is S2 ownership supposed to be this hard!?!?!....

Yes or everybody would have one.
    When you have exeprienced the true power of the darkside, you can never turn your back on it, you will need to feed it whatever it wants.
    Kingdoms are run by Kings, Dictatorships are run by Dictators.
    England must be a Country. :mischeif:

Comment

Dosent sound right, there must be a few other issues you havent found yet

What did ring a bell was No. 4, my drivers window and sunroof used to do mad things until i removed the crappy alarm that was installed.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

them are the easy bits that need sorting . wait til you have to do clutch change or something major.

Comment

cannot wait to feel the darkside of the...boost!!!......
          More things!!!!......

Comment

Don't worry matey, you will have a permenent list. As you sort one thing out, another gets added.........................the joys of S2 ownership
            Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
            S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

It's all going to a rat's *****

Hey, easy stuff. I will trade you my leaking heater core for your electrical gremlins.
              "Nulla tenaci invia est via"

Comment

Originally posted by TECH48
                Hey, easy stuff. I will trade you my leaking heater core for your electrical gremlins.
                I got one of them too disconnected it for now. just as we get the first frost
                Jon

91 3b S2

Now Sold

Comment

I know it prob doesnt help you, but from reading comments on various issues on car, i must have one of the least problematic cars on here!
                  Obviously has been well cared for in the past (Dougal! Ive seen the amount you spent!!!)

In almost 3yrs all ive had to do is replace the clutch, mostly cos of the abuse i gave it, other than that, ive had no problem at all! (Until i clicked "Post Reply" no doubt now it will fall apart!)

The saving grace tho, is no matter what problems you get, you are sure to find the answers and assistance on here from people, without this place, who knows what a majority of cars would be like now!
                  Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
                  2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

dont forget a leaky boot
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by jon_91_s2
                      Well, the first frost has already come and gone. After removing the heater-box, I discovered that one of the vacuume elements that I had ordered was incorrect .
                      So now a wait while the local dealership gets the correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by jon_91_s2
                        Well, the first frost has already come and gone. After removing the heater-box, I discovered that one of the vacuume elements that I had ordered was incorrect .
                        So now a wait while the local dealership gets the correct one. I'm driving my 9mpg truck while I wait for parts.

Comment

Originally posted by europeanme
                          Since owning my S2 for a month now it seems there is a ever increasing number of faults appearing!!...for example....
                          1. Found out this morning my electric heated drivers mirror isn't working!!!
                          2. My fog lights have a mind of their own!!!....
                          3. As does my engine, performance wise!!...it seems to have a major boost leak!!!
                          4. My drivers electric window does whatever it feels like!!!

There are so many other things to list but some of these will be fixed in the next couple of weeks...

Is S2 ownership supposed to be this hard!?!?!....
                          Oh mate, that's just the start of it!
                          Seriously though, those are all very common design features on the s2, and don't forget it's actually quite an old car when you knuckle down to it, these things are bound to happen.

I have your number 1 and I've suffered (and cured) number 4. Almost everybody on here has gone through the number 2s with the boost leaks, that's a case of methodical testing and replacement of all leaking bits.

I also enjoy the interesting design of the rear tailgate seals leaking, the rear tail lights leaking, squeaking brakes, the classic beeping bomb warning, and all manner of other traditional s2 issues.

The thing is, in spite of all the annoyance and moaning and hassle and cost these things cause, you can forgive the S2 of all of it every time you jump on that right foot, wind the boost up and let the quattro system have its play. I was getting annoyed with my car over the weekend, but all it took was a great 30-min blat around some country lanes in Kent to well and truely put the smile back on my face and erase all thoughts of "why have I got this old cranky car". The S2 rocks
                          Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Just when you think you might have had enough or got bored, you nail it in 2nd and 3rd on a B road scare yourself witless and smile.

Or

You drop some exoitca off the lights and wave to him at 1**mph!

Once you have had one nothing else compares
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic
                            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                            X