MOT Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Results

Took it to a local garage this morning, on the way completely forgot about mihnea leaving it running rich till my remap can be finished off when ive got ic sorted, anyway, after mechanics had stopped drooling...lol...obviously havent seen many before, they passed it which i wasnt really expecting.
    got a printout of emmissions, what do you reckon tom/mihnea/anyone?
    3b decatted,scorpion, RS2 turbo/injectors,7a cam,
    CO level......0.62%
    HC level......158 ppm
    Co2 level....13.2%
    O2 level......1.79%
    lambda.......1.06

ive no idea what half of these mean.
    quote "thats never a H reg, i want one"

martin

As your car is a H reg '91 it falls under the emission limits of CO content <3.50 and HC's <1200 ppm. HC's is the unburnt fuel exiting the exhaust in parts per million. Your Lambda (or as one of our customers say LAMBADA! LOL) reading for a "CAT" equipped car should ideally read 1.00. The Lambda 1.00 = 14parts air to 1 part fuel exiting the exhaust. so if you are getting 1.06 without cats you are doing fine!!!
    For those of you running cats, they are designed to turn the majority of your emissions into water! Every liter of fuel burned equals a liter of water! Drill a small eigth of an inch hole in the lowest part of your rear silencer to llow this to drain out as this will give your exhaust longer life!
    Any MoT questions just ask. If I don't know the answer immediately I will look it up and let you know.

Chris
    A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

Those figures are spot on mate. No worries with them, almost exactly the same as mine. These pre 92 cars are the best. emissions probs, i dont thnk so.
      sigpic
      Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
      Audi UR Quattro
      Audi 100 C3 2.0 5 cyl 115ps
      Audi S2 - 07k engine project aiming for 800ps
      Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

thanks for that..so if an aby produces these figures it will fail miserably

Comment

Yep. Anyone got the limits for a 95 car?
          1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
          Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Right then folks....... Cars 1992 on i.e K plated onwards require the emission limits as follows..... CO <0.30 HC's<200ppm LAMBDA 0.970-1.030 going on default limits of the "BETs" test. The BETs test is the Basic Emissions Test. Now if after it originally fails the BETs test you then have to carry out a Emissions test using the emissions limits on the computer. You then go through a list of questions...."is the car '92-'94 or '94 onwards then you select Make and model and then engine code. If the model or engine code is not listed on the machine then a you carry out an emissions test using the limits of a pre '92 car i.e. co <3.50 and HC's <1200ppm. When the machine asks for the engine code this should be located on the vehicle. i.e. block,timing belt cover,spare wheel well etc. Now (Iwill have to double check this if anyone requires me to do so) If the engine code is not found then I think you have to carry out the emissions test of a pre '92 vehicle, CO<3.50 HC's<1200ppm at IDLE!
            Hope this helps, do ask if you need me to clarify the last section. Now don't all rush out and remove the sticker out of the spare wheel well and off the timing belt cover!!!!
            A6 Avant Tdi 110 because as the fuel prices keep going up I am so happy to be getting 649.8 miles to a tank of diesel!! (£50)

Comment

I think your right mate. I cant remember without looking in my testers manual. Its not easy to see the code stamped on the block either
              You can look it up, i cant be arsed!
              sigpic
              Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
              Audi UR Quattro
              Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

CHEERS M8!!
                Will check manual when I have a spare minute (:wacked: ) and advise.

Comment

One thing I do know..... If you have a Q plate you don't have to have a CAT test!! (MOT manual introduction)

Comment

Good memory. You must have been on your refresher course recently!! LOL
                    Had a spot check earlier from VOSA. And a random retest done on a car i tested that day!! :eek2:
                    sigpic
                    Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                    Audi UR Quattro
                    Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Refresher about a month ago!! LOL
                      Our VOSA examiner ok, a real nice guy. Be polite and make him a cup of tea and you are sorted!! lol
                      We had a mystery guest mot about 6 months ago and the guy walked in looked at my mate and said bloody 'ell I know you from the Skoda dealership and then fooked off!!

Comment

They have stopped doing that now! 2 of them just call in and drag a car from outside that you have just done and do a retest on it themselves!!

I had them retest an old citroen visa that i did earlier on in the day. It scared the **** out of me! All was ok though. I even had all the advisory items listed! Beat that.
                        sigpic
                        Tom C - www.rcmr.co.uk
                        Audi UR Quattro
                        Audi B5 RS4 645ps 911nm

Comment

Dean/tom: what's the emissions regulations for 93-onwards ABYs please? how much CO/HC/O2 and so on? Does lambda=1 do or do we need more?

Thanks!

mihnea
                          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                          info@MRCTuning.com
                          Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea, UK emission regs for any car built after 1992 is CO <0.30 HC<200ppm Lambda between 0.970 and 1.030
                            O2 readings etc do not have required limits. These readings by the way are at a fast idle of 2,500-3,000 rpm. see previous post.
                            Hope this is what you are looking for,
                            Cheers
                            Chris

Comment

Hey Dean, thanks for that, I dunno how I managed not to read it in your previous post....

Cheers,

Mihnea
                              '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
                              info@MRCTuning.com
                              Workshop Directions

Comment

Working...
                              X