Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf GTI 16v

Just bought this:

Its a 1990 16v, 127k on the clock, feels like it has been well looked after and will be my daily driver for the forseeable future!

I am well chuffed. Was £1595 and sourced via Pistonheads.
    Attached Files
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Inside is Rainbow trim and in great condition apart from the drivers seat bolster repair:
    Attached Files
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

looks nice, got 2 more doors than mine

Last edited by rotoryboy; 27 January 2006, 22:40.
      Mark

Race Clio RS197

S2 Coupe ABY (Green) - RIP
      S2 Coupe ABY (Blue) - Sold

Comment

Looks good Steve, i do like those 16v's. Have you given it the OEM inspection? I must admit i was looking for a 16v a while back, but for me Oak green is the colour.
        Tim

1995 S2 Avant, ruby red - ** SOLD TO ROSS **
        Golf Rallye G60 ** SOLD **
        Golf MK2 Oaky with R32 engine
        Audi A6 Avant 1.9 TDi 130
        Golf MK2 8v Race car

Comment

Apart from the Towbar which has been fitted through the back bumper its lovely. I now have all weekend to detail it, and check it over....
          Attached Files
          The Perfectionist
          sigpic

Comment

nice example there, it is like mine 1.6 which is for sale

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant95M
              Looks good Steve, i do like those 16v's. Have you given it the OEM inspection? I must admit i was looking for a 16v a while back, but for me Oak green is the colour.
              Couldnt agree more! If it wasnt for my run in with the law just over a year ago, i would 110% def have an Oak Green 16v GTi (3 door of course) as my daily driver! I love them and that is by far the best colour! and they look so good on the original wheels as well! No need to change a thing!
              Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
              2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

I wanted an oak green but could not wait around for one and did not have £2 - £3k for a good one.

I am pretty chuffed with this one anyway, and it will do me as a daily hack. No doubt it will be seeing some nice OEM touches and a bit of TLC too....
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic

Comment

Guess what I have been doing ALL weekend...

Before

After:

Engine bay:

Before:

After:

The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Damn, looks like new m8, top job
                    Glenn

Comment

Nice car and nice colour

Any plans for the engine??
                      Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

This one is staying standard, it is my daily driver and needs to economical. I will be keeping it very much OEM
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

That looks like a nice example. I love mk.2 gtis. Enjoy the hot hatch but be careful as a heavy right foot can result in S2 like fuel consumption BTDT with my old 8v!
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

After the job you have done of this one steve, I'm half tempted to 'accidently' leave mine next to it so you can 'accidently' clean my one up too

It really does look great!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_Casey
                              That looks like a nice example. I love mk.2 gtis. Enjoy the hot hatch but be careful as a heavy right foot can result in S2 like fuel consumption BTDT with my old 8v!
                              That is what I am worried about! The MFA is telling me 23 - 30 mpg, but I won't really know until I start doing the commute to work. Some discipline will be required to sit at 65mph on the motorway for most of the week.

Lets see if I can do it

Cheers,

Steve.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X