Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?

Hi all

My 93 ABY has been off the road since March (full story is here ,but is now fit and (almost) healthy once more.)

It's nice to have it back, but in the meantime I'd bought an A4 Avant 2.8 Quattro, nice, but not as punchy. The S2 could do with some TLC, I think it's leaking petrol for starters, and it 'knocks' sometimes when I change gear. I'm sure it didn't always do that, but I remember getting concerned about it in the months before it broke down. Any idea what that might be? Sounds like it's coming from the back. Could do with some attention to the body too, some rusting at the front arches and a dent on the back drivers side.

Anyway, I very definitely cannot keep two cars on the road, so I'd like to get the S2 tidied up a bit and sell the A4. Is there anywhere worth taking it to get it checked out/ refurbed? The alternative plan is to sell both cars and get an S4 Avant. Anybody experienced both cars (S2/S4). Any differences in fuel economy/ handling/ speed/ or whatever?

Mind you the S2 is paid for, and it's quite nice not having that monthly payment...

Cheers
    Last edited by irvind; 28 December 2003, 03:12.
    Irvin

'08-'0?:
    '97 Coupe, Kingfisher Blue
    '01-'08:
    '93 ABY Coupe, Milltek cat-back, Alpine dvd Sat-Nav/Changer

www.irvinduguid.com

The knocking sound sounds like the rear diff mount, mine does it occasionally. You can either go to Audi and pay stupid prices for a mount (£50-60) or contact powerflex and get one of their uprated ones which Mark H tried and tested for £25. For info and pics on Marks upgrade click this link: http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...=&threadid=994
    HTH
    Graham
    Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Cheers for that Graham, I'll take it to my local guy and mention the mount to him, see what he thinks.

Anybody got any S4 Avant comments?
      Irvin

'08-'0?:
      '97 Coupe, Kingfisher Blue
      '01-'08:
      '93 ABY Coupe, Milltek cat-back, Alpine dvd Sat-Nav/Changer

www.irvinduguid.com

Comment

Working...
      X