Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's my luck gone?!?

Hi folks,
    I must say i envy you a lot!!!! Here's my little story ... I live in Serbia, and i've been tracking a S2 coupe for a couple of years now,finally tracked one on a scrap yard, can you believe, a beauty on a scrap yard. She was in a poor shape, but i was an entusiastic and got it for myself ... and honestly i think that's my life's biggest mistake. Don't get me wrong ... but living here means, i am probobly one of two or three who owes S2, so that means ... no spear parts, no services ... in one word you have to be a die hard DIY fun. So far i did a lot of things myself, such as a body work, still needs a complete paint job, did a lot of work on sunspension ... but in the end i becoming hopeless!!! Interior parts are almost imposible to find,laether is in a bad shape, A/C doesn't work, board computer display is broken ... etc, etc ... Anyway i won't be a pain in the a.. anymore, i'll shut up and post couple of pics ... I'd love to hear from you ... if there's anything to be said!!!!
    Cheers
    Raykard
    Attached Files
    3B 1991 black fury

Nxt one ...
    Attached Files
    3B 1991 black fury

Comment

One more ...
      Attached Files
      3B 1991 black fury

Comment

... and one more ...
        Attached Files
        3B 1991 black fury

Comment

... and the last one ... let me hear your voice!!!
          Attached Files
          3B 1991 black fury

Comment

looks like its gonna be quite a project, how is it running mechnaically>?
            Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Engine and turbo are in pretty good shape, running like mad, but I have a lot of problems with other things. I had problems with mass airflow meter for a long time; I couldn’t find the original one so in the end I replaced it with a Golf MK3 VR6. And it looked like it was working good … but now I have another problem and I think its mass airflow meter again. Car’s running good until she reach 4000 RPMs after that it looks like she’s suffocating!!! And fuel consumption is over 20 l/km!!!!!
              Another major problem that I can’t solve is breaks. No matter how hard or easy you push the break pedal, it feels like the ABS Is working, pedal is shaking!!! And I checked everything I could think of everything looks are works fine. Disks and calipers are new on all 4 wheels, ABS sensors works … I am becoming hopeless at the moment!!!!!
              Raykard
              3B 1991 black fury

Comment

Brakes problem could be the ABS sensor is not positioned correctly, or the sensor ring is cracked.

Looks like you've got a non standard steering wheel on there as well. Ang ditch the gear stick gaitor. Its vomit inducing!
                ex '93 Avant owner

Comment

I checked ABS sensors, not once but 1000 times, everything is OK. Break works perfectly well, only it always looks like the ABS is on. Steering wheel was even worst, for old Audi 80, i couldn't find here an original S2 steering wheel, so i got this one from B4 ... it's a bummer living in Serbia ... no way you can find a S2 parts ... not even a second hand!!!
                  Raykard
                  3B 1991 black fury

Comment

Hi Raykard, don't give up, think of the satisfaction when you have beautiful rare car, all by your own hand!

Are you able to use ebay.de? Plenty of parts on there...
                    Nothing feels fast for long...
                    sigpic

2000 Audi RS4 - Kingfisher Blue ~+~ 2004 Audi Allroad 2.5 Tdi - Ebony Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by hiltoa
                      Hi Raykard, don't give up, think of the satisfaction when you have beautiful rare car, all by your own hand!

Are you able to use ebay.de? Plenty of parts on there...
                      Indeed, don't give up, it will bring such a grin to your face when it is working properly.

As for parts, if money was no object, I would go on a road trip via Switzerland (Tots)and Germany (eBay), collecting all the parts and then end up in the UK at MRC or Toms Garage in Yoevil.....It would cost a bit, the the drive home would be mind blowing compared with the outbound

Also, why not put up a parts wanted list on here, or just PM Bry and Sal?

Cheers n

Si

P.S. As with 50% of the folks on here, your fogs need to be fitted properly, although that sounds like the least of your worries.
                      95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                      Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                      With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

you can always collect parts from ebay.de,england and tots from Switzerland.Here in Greece cheap and second hand parts are very hard to come by as well,but at least audi dealers can provide parts(very expensive though) and service the car if you like.
                        By the way if you keep looking on this site and others most mechanical problems and solutions can be found and it can be most cost effective rather than brake your head everytime a new problem appears.

By the way,have you checked the accumulator bomb for the brakes?
                        Steering wheels are found for 100GBP on ebay.co.uk or ebay.de,on ebay.de you can also manage to find a complete leather interior to replace(recently i lost a complete leather/alcantara interior for the RS2 which could be sent to Greece for 90euro shipping!!!
                        dont dispair!

Comment

Thanks guys for all the support over here ... honestly this is the only support i had since i got this beauty!!!
                          Finding the parts, new or used ones over the net isn't a problem ... the problem is ... our credit cards are not valuble anywhere outside the borders!!!!! BS politics!!! So i have to look and dig here!
                          PapVas, you were right the problem is with the accumulator bomb, breaks are getting more oil pressure then needed ... well, i am out for search for the parts ... if i am lucky enough the Audi 200 turbo will fit mu 3B.
                          Once again thank you guys ... i really appreciate all your comments!!!
                          Cheers Raykard
                          3B 1991 black fury

Comment

Couple more pics ... just to let you know how my S2 looked like whe i got her ... Some people don't deserve to owe, drive or even think about car!!!
                            P.S. sorry for the quality of pics, they were taken with cell phone.
                            3B 1991 black fury

Comment

Sorry i forgot to attach pics!!!! Bummer!
                              Attached Files
                              3B 1991 black fury

Comment

Working...
                              X