Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the realistic power from RS2 setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the realistic power from RS2 setup?

Ok, im just trying to gather info on what power many members have or have had on an RS2 / RS2 spec S2
    I keep hearing that 380bhp is achievable, but how many have had that?
    From what i understand its the turbo that is maxed out at this point, not the EM or injectors and so on...

I am trying to figure out why when i had my car mapped by a reputable tuner i while back i was getting a guess-timated 330-340bhp?
    That fell way short of the 360-380 promises i was given
    My intake was not hot but its the only thing i could think of - cooling my whole intake from filter to IM
    But would that have really pushed it from 330 to 380?
    (I decided not to keep that map)

My aby spec:
    rs2 turbo
    rs2 em
    rs2 injectors
    rs2 downpipe
    full 3" exhaust (no cat)
    7a exhaust cam
    larger intercooler (a bit bigger than rs2)
    bosch 044 fuel pump
    I have since added:
    short AAN Inlet manifold
    much cooler air filter position

Is there something missing that i should add or change prior to having another remap?
    How many rs2 setups are out there achieving maximum figures?

'95..80...ABY
    '99...A4..110..SE
    '99..Bora..110..SPORT

I cant see anything else you would need to add to that list, it looks spot on to me!
    Ant

2007 Mk5 Golf GTi, 3 door, DSG, REVO Stg 2 and other goodies
    2011 Kawasaki Z1000

Comment

Its a good point you have raised here. If you look on MRC's web site they can map the RS2 to a max of 360, which given their knowledge and expertise, would suggest that this is the most you can squeeze out of a standard RS2 set up? I too have heard the 380 figure mentioned but have, as yet, not got any evidence that it can be acheived. This is what i'm looking to do also (RS2 spec) yet am having a re-think due to the fact that i want nearer the 400 mark and dont like the idea of driving around worrying about things going bang. All the bits you have listed should do the job (380), the only weak link as i see it is the RS2 turbo?
      Anyone else have any info to add to this?

Russ
      Old Stuff Reborn.

Comment

MRC dont map the car as aggressively as is possible, they can map it more 380 is acheivable i believe Sal and SteveH have had this but the turbo wont last long as long.

You have too also take into consideration the state of the engine, whats the compression like?

on your spec i don't see custom rods (pistons optional) which you would need for those BHP/torque levels.

Comment

Sadiq, I'm sorry but your intercooler is nowhere near as efficient as an RS2 intercooler! RS2 ICs are pretty efficient on a few 430-440BHP cars we have done, you only need bigger for power levels over that!

The second thing is that every engine is different and while some will give 360-370 BHP (I have dyno tuned one RS2 that did 375 and dynoed several RS2s that did 360+), some engines won't do any more than 330-340 BHP. This is not something I can control, if an engine isn't happy going above 340 with the RS2 setup, there isn't much I can do against it. I can only map an engine to what it's "happy" to put out and pushing it above those limits would only increase chances of catastrophic failure.

Just as a point of reference, Sal's engine with proper RS2 bits and IC did 400 proper crank HP!!! The second thing is that I don't know if the turbo you have on your car is an actual RS2 turbo or not.

Nuff said.

Mihnea
          '98 Silver Grey 2.7T S4, dual 2.75" turbo back exhaust with no cats, FMIC, BIG injectors, 10 Bar motorsport fuel pump, modded RS4 turbos, tubular exhaust manifolds, custom intakes, RS4 MAF, Bilstein PSS9, H&R ARBs, 19" BBS CH, custom remap, 511 BHP/505ft-lbs

www.MRCTuning.com
          info@MRCTuning.com
          Workshop Directions

Comment

Mihnea, you have PM!
            My Online Blog

Comment

Working...
            X