Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The crazy story of my S2.....

Hi guys, I thought I would share this crazy story with u,

I bought my S2 in July 2002 from a small garage and tuning shop in south of belgium,

it was originally white, coming from Germany and had been repaint in dark burgundy ( which I really like ! ) I drove just 4 days ( ), parked it bellow my flat in Brussels a night and then..........it was gone !! stolen damned, just 4 days after I bought it !! I was mad, and I figure out I would never see it again.

Time passes and I was looking already for another one...........when....

an inspector from criminal police called me to tell me .............they found my car back !! but it was in a very bad shape !!

You wont believe it, but my car was stolen by a thief gang and they used it for bank robbery and assault gun !!!! Mmmm, this begin to be intersting !!
    but the funny part is that they used it for emergency escape and the police never succeeded in going back after them.....at the time police had only tunned Golf Gti s and Volvo S40 to chase my S2 ! lol

To escape the police, the gang went very far !! They shoot from inside the car throught the front windscreen on the police and they drove on train railways to escape !! ( thanks to 4WD !! )
    Well, I got back my S2 in very bad shape in March 2003 and spent like 3000£ to repaint and change everything that had been smashed (almost everything ! )

But now, I still got it and it still drives like crazy....especially when I see Gti s !! lol
    Attached Files
    S2 's and oldtimers

Here u can see on the lower picture the bullet hall in the windscreen from thieves shooting from inside the car on cops !!! impressive !
    Attached Files
    S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

and of course, no more key cylinder !!
      Attached Files
      S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

and now !!

PS :just after watching pics, it s in 2000 that it happened ! damned time passes so quickly !
        Attached Files
        S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

Wow, that's quite a story! I don't think anyone here can match that. Lets hope it stays in your posession from now on.

What split rims were on it before it was recovered? It's looking well now.

Comment

That is a crazy story...

It is real cool that you spent the money to fix it. Did insurance help pay for the damages?
            //-\\ ((_)) //)) //

Comment

Quite a story indeed!
              Here in norway, the difference in prize of insuring an UrS4 like mine in Oslo and where i live can be as much as €1300. Mainly because robbers like them so much... i wonder why
              '92 Audi S4

Comment

Thats some history, no money hidden in your s2???
                Chef

Comment

Hahaha, stash of cash hidden in the spare wheel well!

Great story, thanks for sharing!
                  acidtrax

Comment

Nice one...

Many moons ago in 1988 (before I owned Audi's) I bought an Austin Montego (don't laugh) it was a 86 C plate and after about 6 months of ownership it started gaining very 'odd' marks down only one side of the car. I followed up on it's history via it's first (Company) keeper - It was an Estate agents...... In Hungerford. And yes, was quietly parked in the High Street when...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crime/caseclosed/hungerford.shtml
                    85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                    93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds
                      Nice one...

Many moons ago in 1988 (before I owned Audi's) I bought an Austin Montego (don't laugh) it was a 86 C plate and after about 6 months of ownership it started gaining very 'odd' marks down only one side of the car. I followed up on it's history via it's first (Company) keeper - It was an Estate agents...... In Hungerford. And yes, was quietly parked in the High Street when...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/crime/caseclosed/hungerford.shtml

Thats the most shocking thing i have ever heard! You had a montego
                      Ragusa Coupe gone!
                      sigpic
                      VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                      VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                      vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Originally posted by Nuvo
                        Wow, that's quite a story! I don't think anyone here can match that. Lets hope it stays in your posession from now on.

What split rims were on it before it was recovered? It's looking well now.
                        It was special Momo 3 pieces 17" x 8.5" wheels, very expensive at the time, I kept them but all 4 wheels where dead by driving on train railways !!! I just refurbished them now !! hehe, so it s part of the story too !
                        S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

F........wheels
                          Attached Files
                          S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

and....
                            Attached Files
                            S2 's and oldtimers

Comment

and......
                              Attached Files