I've Bought a Minter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Bought a Minter!

First of all a big thank you to NicNac for passing on the contact details of a seller in my area.

I picked up the car last night and I am over the moon!!

The spec is (Deep Breath):

1993 S2 Coupe
    Amethyst Pearl Paint
    Black Leather
    Carbon Fibre trim
    Aircon
    Elec Sunroof
    17" BBS RC Wheels
    127.000 miles
    FSH
    Summer use only last 3 years
    Bisltein shocks
    cat bypass pipes
    292 BHP on a standard chip as verified by AMD!!

The guy I bought it off has done everything required and more including unscheduled oil changes etc.

I will post picture as soon as I have valeted it at the weekend....

Whooooooosh

A very happy Fat Audi 80! (Steve)
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Congratulations. Car sounds wonderful. Can't wait to see the piccies.

Happy motoring - long may the huge grin remain.

Comment

I`m happy for ya 2 Now its Fat Audi S2

Happy drivin with it

Cheers Cees

Comment

Nice one! Many happy hours of fun ahead
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Congratulations it sounds nice, now lets have a sweep to see how long till the modification bug infects you.
          Happy motoring
          Graham
          Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Awesome!

Inform your local Petrol station that they will require an extra tanker to stock all that extra fuel you'll be buying.

Now all you need is 30 inch wheels, 1000bhp, Platinum Paint.......NASA Engine and turbo Etc............

But Take a little advice: (just an opinion Mr. Avon dont sue me)

DONT BUY 2nd HAND WHEELS THAT HAVE AVONS ON THEM
            Got them yesterday and 2 of the 4 avons are knacked

one developed an bleb in the side wall today and the other tyre has a kind of flat spot when driving, but no apparent wear on the tyre??????
            to top it all off, bits of rubber are falling off them all over the place!!

Taken them off Put standard wheels back on might refurb the wheels first before burning or exploding the Avons. :mad:

Comment

Off topic but relevant in a wierd way...Avon ZZ1 is the worst tyre I have ever fitted (even considering no-name brands but the exception was something like pirelli 6000---shocking!!). I suspect the developers were down the boozer when that was produced! Not tried any other Avon since due to the emotional scars.

Having heard too many scary stories about second hand wheels, I will always buy new!
              1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
              Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Congratulations on the purchase Fat audi 80.

NICNAC the 'flat spot' can be caused by a tyre being left deflated with weight on it. I have seen it many times with cars that have been left in a garage for years..

D.

Comment

Re: I've Bought a Minter!

Congrats mate

292 BHP on a standard chip as verified by AMD!!
                  Now I dont want to **** on your fire so to speak but it isn't possible to have 292bhp on a standard chip AFAIK

The most you can get from a standard ABY is about 280bhp and that needs a remap - to get more than this you are looking at changing stuff like turbos etc.

Are you sure it is standard? I know some others on the forum have their doubt's about the accuracy of AMD's rollers

But none the less congrats again on your purchase - enjoy
                  Ex 1994 Avant - now driving a Lotus 340r

Comment

Hi,

Don't worry I don't care if its 250bhp its fast enough for me. I am only going on what the previous owner told me.

I have the dynoplot from AMD which Geoff did. It has CAT bypass pipes and was going to have a re chip before Geoff put it on the rollers and told the previous owner it was perfect on the standard ECU.

The previous owner was a very knowledgeable car nut so I believe what he said. Apparently there may have been some S2's in the middle of the production run between 3B and ABY with higher standard ECU settings. I am getting this second hand so don't take my word for it!!

Cheers,

Steve
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Steve

I wasn't having a go . You are right though figures mean nothing if it feels fast enough then it is!

When I sort my air leak out mine should feel a lot faster

Leigh

Comment

No worries no offence taken. You can't upset someone that has just bought an S2!
                        The Perfectionist
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80
                          No worries no offence taken. You can't upset someone that has just bought an S2!
                          Very true!

Comment

Welcome to the fold...

Glad to hear that you are happy with the car, but the claimed figures and nonsense about 'uprated' chips from the factory is just pants really. A healthy one in stock trim does feel quick if your not used to 350/380Nm of torque. It takes a while to get used to... and then a while longer when chipped to 430Nm with ~280bhp... believe me you can *feel* the difference.

If those figures are right, then the car has been chipped by MTM, ABT or someone before AMD touched it. I know for FACT that AMDs rollers give very impressive figures because of how their computer calculates rolling road loss. But regardless of that - I doubt even AMDs rollers would show 292bhp on stock chips with a deCAT. Bring me the car and I'll tell you 100% truth if the car is chipped or not - lord knows I've seen inside enough S2 ECUs to spot something unusual.

Enjoy it - carefully in this weather !

Paul
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

When there is a southern meet and I get a chance to come, I would welcome an experienced eye being cast over it. I would have no idea what 230bhp or 300bhp feels like having got out of a 115bhp Audi 80!!

I am only just getting used to what I am looking at under the bonnet!

As I say, it is showing 292 on AMD's rollers, but what else has been done I have no idea..... (I do like it though)

Cheers,

Steve.
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X