No announcement yet.

My old golf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats how i wanted mine to look but never got round to getting the Porka rims, now looks like this http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/123736.htm

The MK2 is a great car and cheap on bits too, well if you don't go silly, but FWD lets it down IMHO, especially with 200+bhp at the front wheels

Cheers
    Cheers,

Chris

Silver S2 Avant : Sold

Comment

Mine was 285 at the crank.
      Never found it a problem unless it was wet.
      Yes 4wd gives you better traction off the line but you still get inherent understeer - in fact id say the Audi has more understeer under power than my Golf by far.
      Guess it depends on the set up but the Golf was an awesomely fast car.

Pete.
      'If you ain't broke it you ain't trying hard enough'

Oh sh*t i broke it

94 S2 Homefried Decatted Slipperwagon,QRS Top Mounts,Ally Subframe bushes,Poly ARB & Wishbone bushes,RS2 ARB's,Koni & H&R's,Cupra Brembo's and 312mm discs

Comment

Heres my Mk1.

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
          No think your ok Phil not nicked or anything (as far as i know) just known to us `old` club Gti boys. Spoke to Paul H (original uk owner) about it being posted and he said it he has seen it with various wheels, interiors etc since he sold it (and he had some massive front brakes Ap s iirc which he had under porsche rims on it). Got his number he s a top bloke (moved onto a late 97 2.9 VR6 Golf synchro and nows running a real minter R32 Golf) pm me if you want his number.
          That's ok then As far as i know, the guy who I got it from restored it last year. I'm not too fussed though as it's being rebuilt as we speak, bodyshop on Monday, seats off to the trimmers on Tuesday, and I'm on the hunt for a cheap 2e engine for the Conversion

When did he sell it?

Audi 80 2.0
          E21 BMW 316
          Ibiza Cupra Sport
          Mk3 Golf GTI colour Concept in black!
          Mk3 Golf GTI
          VW Caddy van with my gottis on it

Comment

Blinkin heck four years ago i think, how many owners on the log book now?
            S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

8 since '97

Audi 80 2.0
              E21 BMW 316
              Ibiza Cupra Sport
              Mk3 Golf GTI colour Concept in black!
              Mk3 Golf GTI
              VW Caddy van with my gottis on it

Comment

Doesnt matter how many if they were all enthusiasts (just as long as there were no massicists!)
                S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

A 5 cil VW Rallye with quattro, now that would be nice!
                  VW Golf S2?

Comment

Originally posted by blown_vr6 View Post
                    Pete, Did you do the 20v conversion yourself ? Very nice VW BTW
                    sigpic

Comment

I went for an RS Rallye theme.... Porsche rims, door handles steering wheel...

Comment

Originally posted by Jon441cc View Post
                        Pete, Did you do the 20v conversion yourself ? Very nice VW BTW

No mate.
                        The previous owner fitted the lump (BAM) and he already had DTA E48 from his previous throttle bodied 2l 16v, I bought it as a project as it was nothing like the car i sold - changed or replaced nigh on everything under the bonnet - radiator and mounts, coolant pipework re-routed,, intercooler,intercooler pipework,actuator,engine mounts,suspension,wheels etc etc.
                        Reason i bought it was purely a finacial one, i had my E34 M5 and a mint Mk2 16v, i wanted to do the conversion myself on the Mk2 but it would have swallowed up most of the money i sold the M5 for.
                        I sold both cars:-

and bought the 20vt for nigh on the same money i sold the M5 for - therefore i was 2 odd grand up after selling the valver .

Pete

Oh sh*t i broke it

94 S2 Homefried Decatted Slipperwagon,QRS Top Mounts,Ally Subframe bushes,Poly ARB & Wishbone bushes,RS2 ARB's,Koni & H&R's,Cupra Brembo's and 312mm discs

Comment

Are they Hartge rims on the M5 ?
                          sigpic

Comment

Sure are.
                            Had Hartge suspension as well

Oh sh*t i broke it

Comment

Working...
                            X