My S2 Coupe with RS2 goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My S2 Coupe with RS2 goodies

I am new here and have been spending a bit of time reading up on the S2 - you guys have a great forum

I have been driving Audi's for a while and have become a real Audi enhuasiast ! I am currently on the committe of the Audi Club of South Africa ( http://www.audiclubsa.org.za ).

I have a 2002 Silver S6 - chipped, decatted (389HP) with H&R springs, Bilstein Shocks and spacers. I have however been feeling a bit uncomfortable using the S6 at track days and decided a while ago to get a S2 to use as a project car and just for fun on the track.

Last week a member of our club advertised his car - this was the spec he gave:

1995, Silver.
    Total Km 305,000. (I bought the car in 1997 at 63,000Km).
    RS2 conversion and full overhaul at 290,000km
    Prop shaft, CV joints etc all overhauled.
    Koni Shocks
    RS2 conversion was not an engine upgrade but an RS2 engine (ADU) with 30,000 miles dropped in after fitting new main bearings, big end shells, water pump, oil pump. Old engine and spare 6 speed gearbox plus other spares with the package.
    Subsequently it was apparent that this RS2 motor had been rechipped with some minor mods to the fuel delivery and air intake - BMC filter. More top end power than a standard RS2.
    Turbo just rebuilt by KKK UK after local KKK agent could not get it right.
    RS2 Recaro seats. Originals available.
    Porsche 993 brakes on front wheels as per RS2.
    Boost gauge fitted.
    New headlights.
    Very good condition, never been pranged.
    Properly maintained regardless of cost and pain.

I had to jump at this and picked up the car for GBP 10,500. I have lots of plans for the car! The car stil has standard 205/55/16 tyres so I think that needs to change first together with 17" RS4 wheels. I have already ordered H&R springs. Then I will colour code the plastic bits and maybe get a RS2 front bumper. Engine last I guess?

I the mean while I am working on detailing the car - it hasn't seen polish or wax in its 9 years I will post some pics over the weekend when the car looks shiny!
    Last edited by GandalfS6; 28 January 2004, 23:05.
    1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
    2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
    2006 Misano Red RS4
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
    2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Welcome

You have come to the correct place for modding an S2 - that's for sure - remember to set the forums to view all posts - as I think it defaults to the last 30 days - and you will find lots of useful info.
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Gandalf, id watch out now.

What starts out as a simple project is bound to escalate into a huge power frenzy

Welcome to the board

Greg
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Guys thanks for the welcome! Doug I have many questions but will make sure that it was not discussed previously.

Here are some pictures of the car - I have Sonaxed it and it is shining nicely. Pity it wasn't waxed much in its 9 years - It could have looked better but I am relatively happy with the results.
        Attached Files
        2006 Misano Red RS4
        2004 VW Touareg V8
        2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
        2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

Comment

and another.
          Attached Files