Kingfisher blue 1.9tdi quattro Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingfisher blue 1.9tdi quattro Avant

so I went to Chesterfield with my mate to pick this car up when he bought it.
    1.9tdi quattro Avant in Kingfisher blue..

He bought it cheap it required a clutch but we got it up the road with an odd slip out of it.
    so once it was home he ordered a clutch kit but then a few days later bought another car..
    He hadn't told his misses about the Audi so basically let me have it for what its due him.

Its a lot tidier body wise than the cactus plus its non-sunroof and has a higher spec plus the 3 point middle belt vs the lap belt on the cactus..
    so it ticked a few boxes for me that the cactus didint

It's already been chipped so is sitting with 143Bhp but is stock mechanically.

I did consider breaking the cactus which would give me a load of spares plus the big brakes to change over. My mate talked me into selling him it though..

I swapped the wheel's, Grill and my stereo and stuff like that over.
    He's bought me a set of S3 carriers to do the 312mm conversion on the front and ive got another set of facelift S4 rear brakes to rebuild to do the big brakes on the rear.
    Ive got a set of H&R springs to go on which I had bought for the green car as I wasn't happy on how it sat with the eibach as they are saloon springs.

so Im planning on fitting the stainless steel system I had picked up to this one now ( I hadn't had time to fit it to the cactus )

so Plans are... decat, S/S system. S4 bumper, S4 xenons, 0.216 nozzles, H&R springs, 312mm front brakes, S4 rear brakes, new clutch and EGR delete these are bits I have sitting..

bits to buy... PD 130 inlet, 130 or bigger turbo and get the front arches fixed out.

after a few bits swapped over..

1997 A4 avant 110 TDI Quattro

some interior pictures.. the glove box is removed the now as needing to change the heater blower

Ive fitted the leather centre arm rest and my pioneer stereo since these pics have been taken.

Comment

Great base with a lot of potential
      S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

Looks very nice. Good colour Aswell.

Comment

Ive not really done much bar picking up some parts.
          Ive got the 312mm carriers for the font, rear facelift S4 carriers and calipers just need to buy discs and pads now.
          I managed to fit OEM remote locking and get it working.
          cured a few oil leaks.
          next plan is to give it an oil and filter change. start building up the suspension. ( it needs hitting with a lowering stick )

Im hoping to get it up to my brothers garage in the next few weeks and do the clutch and get it ready for the road.

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Bit of an update.. started a new job so got the Audi down to my work and checked it over for an MOT. Discs and pads required for the front. Also now it's down there hopefully this weekend or next weekend I'll have it on the ramp to do the clutch. Just need to get a gear linkage first.

Comment

looks alot better with the new wheels. good luck with the clutch, hopefully not too much of a major job as its a bit more modern than the s2's
                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                  looks alot better with the new wheels. good luck with the clutch, hopefully not too much of a major job as its a bit more modern than the s2's
                  I changed my dad's gearbox on his A4 in the drive last year its only a FWD but it wasn't to hard.
                  so doing this on the ramp should hopefully be straight forward. got the rear prop shaft and the box will be a bit heavier I would imagine but got a transmission jack at work and at least I wont be working on my back so shouldn't be too hard.

Comment

Front brakes have been changed. so all good for the MOT. just standard front pads and discs were fitted but planning on doing the 312mm conversion next year.

Comment

So I got the car on the road Saturday after doing the cllutch and rear crankshaft seal. Im still needing to locate a gear linkage.
                      I think next year Ill look for either a replacement gearbox or a complete 2.5tdi quattro to get the 6 speed conversion from.

At the moment Ill just enjoy driving it and work through its issues..

Comment

Working...
                      X