A departure from the norm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A departure from the norm

Recenrly came to the end of a year pcp deal and struggling with what to get next. Have had skoda octavias over the last 5-6yrs and they have been spot on for available budget and running costs, particularly with the scout, though the most recent one cost me literally a brake fluid change and an aircon regas, everything else including servicing was included so proper penny motoring.

Times and jobs have changed and wanted something a bit more interesting this time. Had actually convinced myself i wanted an RS3 but having driven one and having high expectations, it left me really cold. Compared to the s2 it felt like it was trying too hard and had i thought, zero character which was a bit of a shame if i am honest.

I then realised in all the hype about electric cars and so on, the time was likely closing on large displacement engines and especially when it came to suv’s. I had always fancied one for a bit of a change and after driving a few and then stumbling on a great fully maintained deal via vw personal leasing, i have just taken delivery of a tank in the form of a Touareg R Line aplus with the v6tdi engine in 262bhp form.

Couldnt be more different to the s2 but the perfect antidote, cossetting and lazy when you want it to be but with a bit of punch when you want it with 580nm of twist. Only had it 24hrs but i really could grow to love this more than i thought lol

makes all the right noises joining the motorway, glad i decided to go this route rather than r lin tiguan, even though it will save the fuel bill, couldnt really face another 4 pot derv.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Nice motor. I wondered how long it would be until you too, delivery. We’re having a similar dilemma of what to get next. Currently between a golf r, Audi s3 or a bmw 3 series but really undecided on which route to take. Buy used, pcp, lease so that’s one of tonight’s challenges. Went and had a look at an s3 today and was quite impressed but need to decide on funding route first
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I am also thinking of chopping the motor and also thinking it is time to stop my ongoing love of daily derv driving. LIke Greg, I am considering the Golf R which are coming down in price nicely. Seems to tick most boxes and as I still haven't found a house (and garage) I cannot get a toy yet, so looking to merge the two and get a daily that is also good fun. My other idea was to spend much less and get something like a good nick, low mileage Edition 30 GTI and wait for a house/garage and then downgrade back to a diesel and buy a toy for the garage.

I like the Touraeg's. A mate has one which is used for a combo of supermarket shopping and transporting dead deer to the larder after being shot. He loves it as well. Not cheap on gas but he has a heavy right foot. He says he likes the growl

Comment

Flick into sport mode and the v6 howls nicely...polite way of telling you that the next fuel stop isn’t too far away lol
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Working...
        X