Head lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head lining

Got a price to have the head lining replaced in the S2 avant with Sun roof for £200
    is that reasonable, it will be a closest match to the grey original material.
    thanks

That seems very reasonable. Its a pig of a job to do as the foam backing rots, and has to be scraped off the backing board. Make sure they use a high temp glue so it wont sag in hot weather.
    Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Big thanks, I ask the guy if I could remove the sagging sections before he does the job....he said DO not remove that as you well end up with a snow storm off bits from the old sponge...
      he has also said he will reshape the drivers seat right side bolster as its dropped with age
      cheers

Comment

I did my coupe without sunroof recently. Costs about £50 for the new headlining and x2 cans of high temp. adhesive. It can be a pain to remove the trims as they get brittle with age so care is needed. So £150 to cover the labour cost sounds a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by quattro estate View Post
          Got a price to have the head lining replaced in the S2 avant with Sun roof for £200
          is that reasonable, it will be a closest match to the grey original material.
          thanks
          Hi, who did you quote to get the job done and what did you do in the end? Did you do it yourself or get someone to do it?

Comment

I would be more then happy .Imagine how much Audi would charge you for new headlining if they where available

Comment

Originally posted by piotr View Post
              I would be more then happy .Imagine how much Audi would charge you for new headlining if they where available
              When I got my first 100 I checked price and it was £850 And it was NLA ofcourse
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Originally posted by hunker7 View Post

When I got my first 100 I checked price and it was £850 And it was NLA ofcourse
                Exactly .So if it will be good quality job,£200 is very good price

Comment

Originally posted by piotr View Post

Exactly .So if it will be good quality job,£200 is very good price
                  £200 is cheap, too cheap if you ask me but then again depends on what material is used. I've been looking at foam backed alcantara and that's £120 in material alone.
                  '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
                  '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
                  '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Just to bring my headlining operations to an end.
                    the guy removed the old stuff and found some horrific Brown sludge type glue, I helped to remove it from the hard backing and 4hrs later it was ready for the new cloth.

the trimmers put all the parts back and covered in a light grey felt spongy cloth.
                    and they reshaped the right bulster on the drivers seat.
                    all done £220 cash paid.
                    good luck to anybody who tries it themselves.
                    ​​​​

Comment

Sounds good, I need to do this myself on the coupe, do you know which type of glue they used?

Comment

I used Palty glue...But headling need to be done, the rest of is done
                        Audi Coupe Quattro 2.3 20V

Comment

The glue he used was a high temperature durable glue.

Comment

Originally posted by quattro estate View Post
                            The glue he used was a high temperature durable glue.
                            Who did it?

Comment

Did it to my Roof and door panels with alcantara. Even the a,b,c covers. No problem at all

Comment

Working...
                              X