Scrappage scheme lottery win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrappage scheme lottery win

Well had a really strange one this week a gentleman I brought a couple cars off a year or so back for my sport Quattro rang me and told me a man he sold an S2 new when he worked for Audi in the 90s was at the local shops last year in it and said if he every was to sell it give him a call. So a year later he called him and told him he's just ordered a new car and took the Audi in for the scrappage scheme ! ... So the man said he wasn't in a position to buy it but may know someone who would. This is where I won the lottery in my eyes .

I got the call on Tuesday and it snowballed from there with numerous calls and videos and I finally went and collected it yesterday.

A true one owner full service history garaged green S2

Got the train up and drove it back 300 faultless miles and with a detail and refurb of one wheel and replace the damaged front fogs if I can find any after selling my spares on eBay last week I think it wouldn't look much different from when it left the factory .

I ll add pictures once the rains stopped but if anyone can hook me up with some front fogs to buy ll be feeling like I won the rollover .

OMG! That's amazing .To think it was going to be crushed. Sounds like you just got the deal of the year.
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Good save - even if a bit spawny ;-) I am not going to be rude and ask what you paid, but I sense it was bargain of the decade !

I have two front foglights you can have for a thousand pound each to incentivise me to find them in the attic. Seriously though, I will drag them out if you need a pair - not sure on condition of mine to be honest or what kind of money is in them.
      Paul Nugent
      Webmaster http://S2central.net
      Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
      2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
      2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Jammy bast**d !!

Pictures when you're ready.

Comment

Believe me I know how lucky I am and I got it as condition I keep it and look bring it back up to good condition which I ll honor fully.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

I like it when enthusiasts benefit from other peoples' stupidity and laziness....
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Regarding the fogs I ve no idea on price as I sold the ones I had as auction on eBay through work and I sold the tidy leather steering wheel to someone on here last week from a cabriolet we had in so double gutted but still smiling from my little drive back . The man filled the tank with super unleaded for me a true gentleman.

Comment

He was far from stupid as it was his thoughts of it going to an enthusiast rather than scrap in the end his change of heart I guess that I benefitted from .

Comment

Finally thought of the morning before I head out for the chores ?.......

Do I go with my friends in the s2 to there annual nurburing trip ?..

and opened yesterday's mail talk about timing

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefrog View Post
                      Regarding the fogs.......
                      Brand new ones on Amazon, left and right sides .....Hella £111 - £114 a pop

Comment

Stupid in my eyes for sure (is just my opinion), simply because his first intention was to scrap it....

I guess with enough money... you can almost give away a car without problems. I couldn''t afford to do it myself, I would be making the effort to sell it for as much as I could get... Never would I consider a brand new Audi, or part-exing the S2 as scrap....

As I said. An enthusiast benefits... which is good.
                        Last edited by LHD_Kid; 27 May 2018, 10:36. Reason: typo
                        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
                          I am not going to be rude and ask what you paid, but I sense it was bargain of the decade !
                          I'm not going to be so polite, so what did you pay??

Fog lights:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-FOG-LA...QAAOSwt5tZxV70

sigpic
                          1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                          1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                          1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by Lefrog
                            Finally thought of the morning before I head out for the chores ?.......

Do I go with my friends in the s2 to there annual nurburing trip ?..

and opened yesterday's mail talk about timing
                            Looks like some elbow grease, two fog lights, swap out the grandad steering wheel and move the front grill badge to correct position and you are done ;-)

How is the running gear - are you looking at major refresh work there or what ?
                            Paul Nugent
                            Webmaster http://S2central.net
                            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                              Never would I consider a brand new Audi.

Comment

Working...
                              X