Clear All

Sales of Nivea are about to spike ;-)
    Paul Nugent
    Webmaster http://S2central.net
    Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
    2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
    2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Ok, I've just ordered a pot on eBay. I will try it on my leather settee first!

While we are on the subject of skin products doing other jobs, I was told that Avon skin so soft original oil worked well as a fly repellant. I do a bit of night fishing so wanted to try it out. I bought a couple of bottles.
      The midges thought it was great and I still got bitten. However, by chance one day I sprayed some on my hands after I had been painting and used a solvent to get the paint off. My hands were very dry and I thought the oil would replace the moisture. I then noticed that the skin so soft was a better paint solvent than the cellulose thinners I had used! Since then, If I get any paint on my hands, I use this oil to remove it. It works very well, even on semi dry paint and no harmful ingredients.
      Nothelle S2 Avant
      Black Ur project
      Ocianic Ur project gone
      S2 Coupe project gone
      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Use hand lotion before working on something dirty, much easier to clean your hands afterwards.
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

not bad for a 200k car

Comment

Somehow missed this Piscanought. Lovely car and good to read it's been so reliable.
            There's something about the B4 chassis cars in that yours and mine
            (20 years in a 80 2.6 avant) have been incredibly reliable.
            96 URS6 plus speck saloon
            96 URS6 plus speck estate
            94 2.6 80 Avant
            99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Originally posted by Vorsprung durch Technik View Post
              Somehow missed this Piscanought. Lovely car and good to read it's been so reliable.
              There's something about the B4 chassis cars in that yours and mine
              (20 years in a 80 2.6 avant) have been incredibly reliable.
              I think it likes being driven instead of sleeping in the garage!

Comment

400.000Km and the S2 is still running strong!
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Congratulations! Best listed car feature ever - "2 light bulbs in 24 years!" I know this kind of reliability is true (I've over 1/2 a million k on my Coupe). Sadly, in North America, they classify durable goods as consumer products that last 3 years. The embedded energy savings in not buying a new vehicle every 3 years or so has got to be a huge number also!

If you think of it, perhaps sometime you would post photos of what all the installed LPG gear looks like?

Comment

Thank you Lago Blue.

Here are some pictures of the LPG:
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

Thank you sir,

That is all so interesting and unobtrusive. Questions - So perhaps you have two entirely independent fuel systems providing an extra measure of reliability, better than stock weight distribution when both tanks are full, tremendous range potential before refueling is required, and maybe the capability for increased boost w/LPG if one wanted to pursue that? Does the LPG require a fuel pump? I don't imagine you can you switch fuels on the fly, can you? As the LPG's energy density may be lower, perhaps the increased economy you see Is due to a sales tax advantage when buying LPG vs. gasoline?

Comment

So perhaps you have two entirely independent fuel systems providing an extra measure of reliability, - Yes

better than stock weight distribution when both tanks are full,- yes but is added wheight, +/- 80Kgs with the gaz deposit full

tremendous range potential before refueling is required,- double or near it

and maybe the capability for increased boost w/LPG if one wanted to pursue that? - easely done with an aftermarket ecu and a dedicated tuning since LPG is 120 octane, without that you loose around 10% to 15% of HP

Does the LPG require a fuel pump?- not sure but think so.

I don't imagine you can you switch fuels on the fly, can you? - yes via the on/off button but smoother if lift the gas pedal at the same time, it can also be programed to comute to gasoline at a choosen rpm

As the LPG's energy density may be lower, perhaps the increased economy you see Is due to a sales tax advantage when buying LPG vs. gasoline?- yes, since the the LPG as 25% less "caloric" power to go the same distance you usually spend that 25% more, I´m averaging 14L of LPG every 100KM and 1Lt of 98, in my calculation I´m driving around for half the price of runing 98 solo. (my country prices of course)

Comment

There's no pump, it just uses the pressure from the tank, plus a vaporiser to, well, vaporise it before it being injected into the engine.

The lpg ecus normally piggy back off the petrol system, adding a fudge factor to get the required injector opening time correct.

Tanks are heavy, very heavy... then add in 0.8kg per litre of added gas.

LPG doesn't really play too nicely with high boost, despite having higher octane.

A lot of the ecu manufacturers have manuals online for reading.

Comment

Thanks for thorough responses gents, what a fascinating mod, and the resulting fuel economy (in $/km) effectively doubles! That must certainly help justify the initial cost, and perhaps hasten the pay-back period. I will go find a manual to read.

Comment

My dad uses sun lotion on his '69 Jaguar seats. Kept them nice for years

Comment

Since reading this post I've been using Nivea on all my leather seats. The deep 24 hour moisturiser also works well on dried out leather. Top tip, thanks for posting. Has saved me a fortune on unnecessary, expensive leather creams.
                                Nothelle S2 Avant
                                Black Ur project
                                Ocianic Ur project gone
                                S2 Coupe project gone
                                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                                X