Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sjw185
    replied
    Never seen these brackets on a Coupe before?
    Attached to the body at the rear of the front subframe maybe a V6 thing?

brackets 2.jpg bracket 3.jpg
    Last edited by sjw185; 16 February 2020, 01:54.

Leave a comment:

• sjw185
    replied
    Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
    Looks like it’s all do able and not too much that’s major,but a lot of time to clean it all up well. Good luck with the project.
    Thanks, been so busy with the other cars not got started yet, will start removing stuff when I am home in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• sjw185
    replied
    Originally posted by AASokolov View Post
    What engine was originally on it?
    Build card says 110Kw V6 ABC engine.

Leave a comment:

• AASokolov
    replied

What engine was originally on it?

Leave a comment:

• Greg_S
    replied
    Looks like it’s all do able and not too much that’s major,but a lot of time to clean it all up well. Good luck with the project.

Leave a comment:

• david1980
    replied
    since you have a lift it will be so much easier, just undo the prop, remove the exhaust and disconnect the brake lines/abs then drop the whole rear suspension and uprights, 4 bolts for the rear subframe and 8 on the suspension (4 each side) Will make working on it so much easier removed.

Leave a comment:

• Rikki Kitto
    replied
    I know the feeling well bud

Leave a comment:

• sjw185
    replied
    Got the Limo on the lift to get a better look.
    Car body looks solid enough but that’s about it.
    Subframes and suspension needs to come off and get blasted.
    Fuel lines and tank straps need replaced
    Oil temp switch is leaking and has no wiring.
    Exhaust route is not very good and all mounts snapped.
    Front struts have coilover that can maybe be saved, looks to have some sealing tape on the threads.
    Radiator is leaking but horns look ok

Limo underbody.jpg
    rad.jpg fuel lines.jpg strut.jpgoil cooler.jpg

Leave a comment:

• sjw185
    replied
    Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post

Got a good working MAF if you need one bud off my ABY S2 message me if you need it, I was lucky enough to find a brand new one so now have 2 spare.

Great project by the way will be a rare car wne finished
    Thanks Rikki, will give you a shout soon, most of my cash is going on suspension parts, need to get stuff up for sale myself to fund more bits

Leave a comment:

• sjw185
    replied
    Originally posted by david1980 View Post
    most of that rear suspension will probably come apart but the lower bolts are a right pita and on my few s2 avants they ended up having to be cut off.
    Looking pretty bad under there, not worked with B4 rear before, thinking to remove wishbones and hubs then drop subframe/diff together.

crusty rear arms.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Rikki Kitto
    replied
    Originally posted by sjw185 View Post
    Been working on the Coupe getting it back on the road so only got a few jobs done on the Limo.
    Needed the TFSI coils off the limo to put back on my coupe but wanted to try another ECU first.
    The ECU that was fitted has some sort of RS2 tune (JK tuning) so its starting and idle was poor.
    Fitted Homefry ECU and it started on first turn and Idle was good.
    The coils I got with the limo were crap but still have my coupe originals so got them installed.
    I can now move both cars around but just sharing a MAF

Got a good working MAF if you need one bud off my ABY S2 message me if you need it, I was lucky enough to find a brand new one so now have 2 spare.

Great project by the way will be a rare car wne finished

Leave a comment:

• david1980
    replied
    most of that rear suspension will probably come apart but the lower bolts are a right pita and on my few s2 avants they ended up having to be cut off.

Leave a comment:

• sjw185
    replied
    Been working on the Coupe getting it back on the road so only got a few jobs done on the Limo.
    Needed the TFSI coils off the limo to put back on my coupe but wanted to try another ECU first.
    The ECU that was fitted has some sort of RS2 tune (JK tuning) so its starting and idle was poor.
    Fitted Homefry ECU and it started on first turn and Idle was good.
    The coils I got with the limo were crap but still have my coupe originals so got them installed.
    I can now move both cars around but just sharing a MAF

Leave a comment:

• bilko0795
    replied
    I like this project

Leave a comment:

• AASokolov
    replied
    Interesting car!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X