Would be gratefull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would be gratefull

please, Hi all i have a problem with my avant, if i have it on full right hand lock, and drive forward it seems to push the car so it feels like its jumping as if the ball joints are knackered, but have had them checked all is ok, also driving it hard around a roundabout it pushes on too much.

Going left it feels like it sticks to the road brilliantly, ive had it 4 wheel alligned nothing bent or twisted which is good news, id be very gratefull if someone knew what the problem is cheers

Could be the wishbone bushes
    sigpic

Comment

Whats the condition of your front tyres like? When they get very worn it tends to skip/hop a bit at the front when on full lock.
      Maybe try swapping the two front tyres over? see if it swaps to the other side.

Jas..
      2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
      2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
      1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

john there all new matey, jas cheers matey il try that but ive noticed the passenger edge is a bit worn but due to the problem driving it into bends hard as it pushes on

Comment

Nip i think its your tyres i get this in the wet and some times parking reversing i have killed my front tyres.
          Went to ATS to see my mate but he had the day off so my two new tyres will have to wait to go on
          Chef

Comment

ok cheers james for a bit i was thinking it was a diff problem, can u let me know how u get on cheers matey

Comment

Hi nip i've got exactly the same problem with mine at the moment. I had it in the garage this week had all the front suspension apart and nothing wrong there, much like you bushes etc are pretty new and it's been aligned. I'm inclined to agree with james on this one though could well be the front tyres certainly mine are shocking "courier drivers "
              But there only on for a while longer to save me knackering up a new set of wheels and tyres in the bad weather, there's plenty of tread on them but the inside shoulders are wearing more "too much hard cornering me thinks ".
              Unless someone here can shed some light on the situation i'd probably say it's the tyres from my experience with 4x4 vehicles and quattro in particular they can have some strange things happen due to uneven tyre wear/mismatched tread patterns etc.
              By the way slightly off topic where did you get your exhaust done? I posted on your other thread but i don't know if you noticed it.
              Rich
              1995 S2 Avant
              Homefries,
              RS2 intercooler,
              996 monoblocks,
              Koni adjustable shocks,
              H&R springs,
              18" RS6 reps in anthracite.
              150K and running great

Comment

thanks bazooka im gonna do as jas says and swop them around, the feelin is as if the diff locks are on, sorry matey didnt see ur thread on the exhust, my mates got a place down reditch which makes s/s exhausts matey

Comment

Working...
                X