Originally posted by Joe90q View Post
    there is now a female on the scene!
    Don't let her hear you call her that!

Comment

Hahahaha
      photobucket SUCKS
      sigpic

Comment

Morning all, so I got afew Jobs sorted on the Quattro yesterday including fitting a braided clutch line and bleeding the system ...( F**K me the Clutch is Hard! Need to start the gym! Also went to Bolt up the New S2 Shafts and b4 V6 hubs, and found that I now needed the wider track 3 bolt wishbones off a s2 or B4/ they should arrive today, The main problem is that after fitting linkage and trying to get gears the worn bushes off the 2nd hand s2 linkage I bought keep allowing the ball to pop out the bush! So I need to source a rebuild kit for an s2 linkage!
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

hey joe.

its been about 12 months since I been around here. I drive basically the same car. full s2 converted b3. linkge is a pain. temp fixed mine (3 years ago with resin and tape to hold it in position. sfsg.

yep 3 bolt arm are needed you can get 2 bolt on but the weight is better spread across the width of the arm. rear is all the same. tie rods same.

ive done about 30k on it now since the conversion. I run circa 500hp, get good economy (fugal vems tune) did manchester to Pembrokeshire over the mountains 40 quid.

issues I can recall. s2 rack gaitor is a few mm different to b3 saloon size. looks same, is not. ABS I run b3 ecu and pump with s2 rest., s2 clocks and warning system earthed out, 044 in the undercar rack. check the tank is not blocked. very common. stalling in bends etc. you could puncture the t bag which is in tank to get better flow. if the pump sounds iffy id check flow. I have custom tank, pre-filter and 044.

the mounts in the box and diff will sound be destroyed if original.

I run s2 hubs and 6 pot gt2 brakes up front. lines are available from ebay. I have the measurements here, somewhere. let me know if you need them. I have 2 grommet lines made up and the were great..

I had the strut brace fitted by getting a mate to weld 2 brackets I cut from some strut tops to my b3.

I run wagner stuff. extensive bumper mods needed to get the cooler under.

HTH.

Comment

Thankyou for that reply Gazza! Afew helpful tips there, Not ran into the rack issue yet (still running standard 90 Quattro rack) would you reccomend change to S2 rack? The brakes I have chosen for now are Passat/Audi TT callipers with 312mm discs and Brembo Pads and braided lines. I know someone who has ran this setup on his b2 cq 400hp car and he seems to be quite happy! I’m hoping to be running that power in the future but wanting to get all the running gear setup first. It needs so much this car the list is getting longer rather than shorter.
            I had a look while it was on the ramp at the rear and it’s a lot worse than the front was, going to need welding at the end of the sills and slightly on the boot floor. The biggest Bummer is that the diff mounts on the subframe are rotten, I don’t know wether to repair that frame and get it coated or buy a half decent one and build that up. I would like a simple brake upgrade for the rear also, and if anyone has made an alternative to the Track rods on the rear? I’m also going to fit an ARB onto the rear too, Heard this makes a massive improvement to handling.
            UPDATE!!!
            The Front is nearly Built up! Only things left to do is:
            • Await return of New Passenger Shaft which was wrong length for my setup on the 90
            • Await New Linkage bush to arrive which is being made by Ultra Performance Engineering
            • Bleed Brakes
            • Find a 6 Speed Gear Nob!!!
            • Fit ARB
            • Get tracked as miles out.
            • Fit Prop
            • Fresh Gearbox Oil

I many need to look into fitting a difference slave cylinder as the clutch is very heavy! Me and My friend have just secured a Unit so it means I will get more time to work on it and get things done quicker due to having my own ramp and tools and not in my mates garage that only gets the ramp when he’s not too busy which now is very rare! My mate is also making a Nice 3” stainless system for me while it’s still there!
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Good to see some more progress,nd just in time for the summer
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Hi All Long time no Post! I won’t deny the fact women take up a lot of your time! This Has now turned into a bigger Project (10 Year)

Comment

Hi All Long time no Post! I won’t deny the fact women take up a lot of your time! This Has now turned into a bigger Project (10 Year) I have now got myself my own space! A unit with a mate for both our project cars, his being a Lotus Esprit S3 which is near completion. I have a lot of updates! My 3” Downpipe back stainless system is now complete and I can’t fault the work it is a work of art! This gave me the motivation to sort out my linkage (alot of head scratching and a late night with a friend of mine who has more patience than me) Got it set up, fitted the clutch line, bled up the master cyl and brakes, fired it up, and it moved. I then got quite excited on the back roads of the industrial estate remembering why I bought the car in the first place, it didn’t take long to realise so I took it back before the inevitable happend haha! Next step is to start disassembling the rear running gear to renew and update, including MK3 golf front brake setup on the rear as well as S2 Front ARB for the rear! Need to chance Mellis for his rear struts that have the drop link brackets fitted! My rear subframe is rotten and some holes are visible so need to get that blasted and see what is left when it comes out! My only regret is not going for 5stud hubs as there is so much more availability in regards to wheel choices! Pictures to FollowAnd video if I can get this to work, I’m back I promise!

Comment

Exhaust looks well made, who made the exhaust for you?
                    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                    X