Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Saab 9-5 - Gone to PX - Sorry

Hi All,

I really did not expect this day to come so soon, my immaculate Saab is up for sale and needs a good home. I am fortunate enough to be able to buy something a little more expensive so it is time to move this lovely car on to a new home. (The company I work for has just been bought out and I have some shares maturing which are allowing me to indulge a little bit on something else)

SPEC:
    Approx 128,000 miles / 3 previous owners / 1.9 tid / 5 speed / Cruise Control / Dual zone climate / Heated seats front AND rear! / Full leather interior / Perforated leather steering wheel / towbar (never towed anything in my ownership) / Full Custom Stereo - details below / Accident free straight original bodywork / MOT March '22 - NO advisories

I have had it for 6 years but had not planned to be selling it now as it has recently had an absolute fortune spent on it to fix and improve every little detail, so without further ado, here is the list of improvements and upgrades it has had over the last couple of years:

Upgrades & Improvements:
    NEW OEM Gearbox (old one had 3rd gear sychro problems)
    NEW Inlet Manifold to correct common swirl flap failure
    NEW AXE 9 x 18" Alloy wheels with Dunlop SportMaxx tyres only 3000 miles old!
    NEW Clutch DM Flywheel and Slave Cylinder
    NEW Bilstein B12 Sportsline kits with Eibach Springs (-25mm) Super progressive and comfortable
    NEW Suspension top Mounts
    NEW Rear Drop links
    NEW Front Drop links
    NEW Powerflex Subframe bushes
    NEW Powerflex Front Wishbone bushes
    NEW Powerflex Rear Trailing arm bushes
    NEW Powerflex Front Torque arm bushes
    NEW Engine mounts x all 3
    NEW Gearchange linkage (smooth and tight)
    NEW Black leather Gear and Handbrake Gaiter
    NEW EGR Valve
    NEW Rear Calipers - Painted black
    NEW Rear EBC Discs & Pads
    NEW Front EBC Discs & Pads
    NEW Turbo Hoses throughout with new jubilee clips
    NEW OEM Power Steering Hardline / cooler hose assembly
    HID Projector Headlamps
    LED Main Beam headlamps - custom upgrade my ME!
    LED Sidelights
    Smoked Side Repeaters

Refurbished, rebuilt and repainted Front Brake Calipers

Complete Kenwood Stereo install, double DIN Headunit Bluetooth enables with 4 channel amp runnning 6 speakers and Sub in custom builds

It has also had the troubling DPF removed and mapped out, which includes a high torque remap. It is a smooth and fast car.

Needless to say is has a full service history with all bills present in my ownership and previously. Recently fully machine polished. It looks gorgeous!

Negatives: It is almost perfect, but not quite, it has a few minor negatives which is not bad for a 13 year old car:
    There is an intermittent boost leak which I have not managed to track down yet, but will continue to do so, which limits revs until reset.
    The drivers heated seat element is split and needs replacing
    10p Sized piece of rust bubling under surface of one rear arch - very hard to even see!

I am looking for £3000 or near offer for what I believe is probably one of the cleanest and most sorted OEM+ TiD Saabs in the UK

Sorry for the brain dump - any questions please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

https://photos.app.goo.gl/t6HGKXiDeCMzy28M9
    Last edited by Fat Audi 80; 31 May 2021, 23:37.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

I like them, really suits the car
    sigpic
    1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
    1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
    1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Looking good, sure suit the car and the colour!
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Thanks, I spent ages trying to decide and even once ordered was worried I had done the wrong thing. It is the first time I have put dark wheels on a car. (Or satin ones for that matter!)
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Looks good had the wheels on my white Subaru forester in a similar colour.. I had the same concerns but now love them

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers, I am really happy with them now!
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by cultcars View Post
                Looks great!
                Thanks!
                The Perfectionist
                sigpic

Comment

Those wheels really do suit your Saab

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                    Those wheels really do suit your Saab
                    Thanks, I took about 3 months to decide and even when I ordered them I wasn't sure! Anyway the day they arrived I knew my research has paid off. I really like the way the fill the arches but look OEM+
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic

Comment

NOW for Sale! See Classifieds.....
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic

Comment

What are you buying? Spill the beans!!
                        sigpic
                        1991 Audi S2 3B - 2.5 Stroker engine
                        1997 A6 2.5TDi quattro avant - C4
                        1976 RD250E / 350LC cafe racer

Comment

Originally posted by andyp View Post
                          what are you buying? Spill the beans!!
                          B8 RS4 - Put a deposit down last night. Very excited but it still hasn't sunk in yet.... I will obviously post more details soon.
                          The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

Excellent choice of car!! Not surprised your excited I don’t think I would sleep is it your 1st RS? I bought 2 years ago now an Audi A6 3L biturbo saloon and what a car performance and economical when you want it to be. We need pics when you get delivery!!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                              Excellent choice of car!! Not surprised your excited I don’t think I would sleep is it your 1st RS? I bought 2 years ago now an Audi A6 3L biturbo saloon and what a car performance and economical when you want it to be. We need pics when you get delivery!!
                              Yes - first one! Don't worry, I will share once I have picked it up...
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X