Brilliant Black S2 3b Coupe cleaned with some better wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant Black S2 3b Coupe cleaned with some better wheels

As some of you already know I recently bought my first ever S2 a few weeks ago Emerald Green MTM tuned 3b Coupe which a few forum members have owned previously over the years.
    While I wait for a few jobs to be completed which the seller agreed I was looking out for other parts or even a spare s2 and this one popped up on ebay

​​
    92 J reg in brilliant Black with 129k miles a little tatty around the body and interior a little ropey but mechanically it runs sweet.
    Having a look around it you can see the driver rear end looks like its had a shunt at some point (poorly repaired) which explains the cat c marker it had on 2008 but with prices out the roof and parts so hard to find I thought it would be ideal as a spare car along side the Emerald green.

The 100 mile drive home was fun, the engine note is just awesome and handled pretty well in the country lanes. This is in standard form with only what looks to be a scorpion stainless exhaust system to front and it still pulled well, I can't wait to get behind the wheel of my MTM tuned S2 now which is pushing out over 300bhp and also has AP racing calipers (standard brakes are absolute *****)

Anyways today it was cleaned up a little and I had to get them 19" wheels swapped for something more suitable so I started looking in the usual places (ebay facebook gumtree etc) I got lucky and found a set of OEM 16" Avus wheels not to far from home for a bargain price of £60 yes you heard £60 lol

Some before and after pictures below

​​
    ​​

​​
    ​​
    ​​
    ​​

And now with 16" Avus alloys

Now that it has the correct size wheels on it I think it should drive much better. I will look to upgrade the brakes oh and sort the ABS fault it has once I get some spare time.

Let me know what you guys think

19 inch wheels wow, must have been a interesting drive. . Can't seem to see any photos on your post for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
      19 inch wheels wow, must have been a interesting drive. . Can't seem to see any photos on your post for some reason.
      It was a little harsh on the bumpy roads but not too bad, I haven't driven it yet with the 16s fitted but would imagine it will be much much better now.
      Not sure why you can't see the pictures as they show up on my phone.

IMG-20200724-WA0030.jpg
      Attached Files

Comment

I can see this photo but don't know why I can't see the last ones. Still looks good

Comment

Looks like quite a solid motor. Nice find.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
          X