I bought a B7 RS4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a B7 RS4

A couple of people suggested I post about the B7 RS4 I acquired last year. So here we go...

I decided I needed a more refined car for the longer trips etc and one with heating that worked to get through the winter! I've always fancied a B5 RS4 and did view one. It was a great car but the handling and sound of the the B7 blew it out of the water. The handling truly is awesome and the V8 roar so addictive.

Driving the S2 afterwards is quite an eye opener. The B5, while more refined handled in a similar manner to the S2 IMO. So a B7 I bought after test driving 5 cars. It has had most of the major maintenance jobs done, a good FSH and was quite local to me, bought from another enthusiast who had spent serious money in the 3 years he had had it. To say I am pleased with it would be a huge understatement. While it lacks the thrill of the turbo on the S2, the S2 is faster I think, it just effortlessly pulls at any revs and did I mention the sound?! The V8 through the Milltek sounds sublime. Heads regularly turn even when just cruising.

But don't panic, the S2 won't be going anywhere. I'm hoping to get a few jobs sorted on it and use it much more in summer. Two very different beasts both with huge appeal, I just have to remember to take it a bit more steady around the bends in the S2!!

A few pics with it on it's old private plate:
    2020-11-22 145258.jpg
    2020-11-22 145247.jpg
    2020-11-22 145228.jpg
    2020-11-23 113911.jpg
    Attached Files

Damn, she looks great! Black series?

Comment

Looks great! Nice buy.

Comment

M8 You must be so pleased with it. Looks flaming awesome. Black cars always look great when clean.

Comment

Yes, very nice
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Very nice Will - I said you wouldn’t be disappointed. Kinda of a high tide mark for RS models in my opinion
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

This IS is on my List and I WILL have one some day....

Thanks for posting - enjoy!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

beautiful car!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeS View Post
                  Damn, she looks great! Black series?
                  She had the black, no chrome, grill and trim options from the factory and the mirrors have been painted after market I believe.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Dare I ask, real world MPG???
                      The Perfectionist
                      sigpic
                      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

I'd be surprised if you get more than 15mpg around town and 25mpg on a run. I don't get much more out of a 3.0T and that's driving slowly.
                        91 Modded 3B
                        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Nice looking car! I bought one too last year.

Comment

stunning looking car mate..any pics of the interior?

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post
                              Dare I ask, real world MPG???
                              The best I have seen so far is 17.8mpg, after a snowy week... Usually closer to 15. Smiles per gallon are more important I think!

Comment

Working...
                              X