Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE - Presentation 4 years after...Audi 200 20V Turbo Quattro

All.
    I have ( almost ) completed one of my dream projects.
    Last time I was around here was to inquire about some issues I didn't have the knowledge on and I did purchased a Gamma Bose radio for my 200.
    Anyhow, after it has spent almost 4 years in a paint shop with a full, detailed spray, I am back to make it, yet, more "perfect".
    Reason is that I did had a major renovation at home and I didn't have time, PLUS the shop is owned by a friend of mine so that he would do the job whenever he could do it. In between, I also sold the 200 10V I had, then I bought a BMW ( ) then I bought another one, then I sold one of them......And yet, still have my 1990 GTI also in the group.
    Anyway, it is finally in its final stages of completion. It looks absolutely great. It is now ( as we speak) at the shop for some issues I'll be posting on.

Hope you like it now....Cheers

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 9 photos.

Wow,
    very nice ride,
    i love it

Comment

Looks like a new one! Very nice
      91 Modded 3B
      14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

That looks stunning

Comment

WOW.
          Timeless car.

JW
          | project | 1993 Audi 80 VR6 turbo quattro |
          | daily | 2006 BMW E91 335d | 385bhp 735Nm |

Comment

My dad has a 200 treser hiding in his garage withe the fibreglass bumpers. Slight damage to rear wing unfortunately. Been in the garage for about 20 years.

Comment

I believe that they imported 3 to the UK. 1 I saw in a magazine. I have seen the bumpers of what would have been another one on a normal audi 100 many years ago

Comment

2.1 10 valve engine

Comment

Gorgeous 200 I have to say 4 years in a paint shop has to be a record lol!! But the end product is great you must be very happy

Comment

Love it!

Comment

great car.

Comment

Thanks a lot from all of you. I really appreciate. The typ43 is one my all time favorate car. Since it came out somehwere in '84, I just fell in love with it.
                        I have had a couple of 200 turbos ( 10 v and automatic - that is a long story), but I remember seeing the European Performance magazine with a red 200 20V in its front page....I it was just the dream car.......Anyway, in 2004, out of nowhere, I saw a local add in Madrid, selling a 200 20V. I said that it was just impossible are these were absolute rarity now and then.....there was just no way this could be true.....Of course I bought it and I just couldn't believe it.
                        Car was pretty much beat up, uncared for....I couldn't believe how people could have this car in such a shape.......Mecahnically it was decent ( just decent), but boy did it had issues.....from a cracked instrument panel to filth everywhere, leaks, transmission issues.....It was a running car of course, but just awful.
                        So, I started my long journey to have it as I have it today.....and yet, missing a few details....I have spent literally hundreds if not thousands of hours learning about its issues, electrical things, learning pretty much everything about it. It is also true that at that time I was working away from home from monday to friday, so I didn't have much time....I had also my 1990 GTI and an MKI Golf, as well as a 200 10V, so I had to split my efforts.

Anyway, I have spent lots of energies with it ( like I beleive pretty much everybody 'round here), to have all details done...At one point, I even got the original Bose speakers with amps re-furbhised at BOSE USA. It was just crazy the logistics of it, as I was going back and forth between Madrid and Chicago at one point and, within a budget of course), I did managed to get all 4 Bose speakers redone at BOSE USA at factory......also the V8 wheels, found at a spanish junyard, with one of the wheels just missing a chunk of aluminium. Sent those to redo.......and the list goes on......Again, I am sure you people have gone thru that and I guess it what counts at the end, to have everything as per our wishes.....specially in these times.

Because it's an Audi, of course, there are still a few issues, but working on them......
                        Cheers

Comment

Worth it in the end though. Good Job

Comment

Working...
                          X