Radiator fan /switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator fan /switch

What radiator switch is everybody using? , is there low temperature fan switches available for our cars. Also has anyone changed the radiator fan for an aftermarket one?, was there any difference as in did it lower the temp quicker than the standard fans cheers

The stock radiator fan is massively powerful, no aftermarket fan is likely to come close - have you seen the size of the motor?

A lower temp switch will just wear your fan out quicker.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Comment

Thanks mate, the problem I thi k I'm having is last year I was seeing high water temps, as in 2 both he's over the 90 and on the vems display about 110 highest only whilst sitting in traffic. It never boiled over only got me I'd say paranoid about every 2 mins keep looking at the temp gauge. So then I took the head off thinking I have a cracked head had it tested comes back perfect, so put it all back together and same again, so decided to put an ally radiator in. Now fitted alloy rad much thicker than standard, I see how on the dash on the motorway about a notch and half before 90 around the streets just before 90 whilst sitting in traffic it rises to a notch above 90 and the vems temp is around 98 fans comes in the dash obviously stays the same the vems stays about 95 maybe 96. As it's never over heated I'm thinking it's ok now but I think I'm thinking too much into it what do u think does it seem ok thanks

Comment

If you have a standard 88C stat in, then running at 88C on the highway says it is working very well.

The fan is switched at 95 normally (from memory) so sounds like it is working perfectly.

Clearly 110C is way over-hot, so reckon your aluminium rad has solved your problem, and now you just have paranoia remaining

Comment

I hope that's the case too thanks mate

Comment

On maxxecu the reading is 98 when fan comes in but on dash indicating 90.

Comment

Yep so that about same as mine cheers mate

Comment

Working...
              X