No announcement yet.

My New B8 RS4!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Steve you’ve had your stunning RS4 for nearly a month what’s your thoughts lol!!? Bet the smile doesn’t disappear

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
      So Steve you’ve had your stunning RS4 for nearly a month what’s your thoughts lol!!? Bet the smile doesn’t disappear
      Hi Anthony,

It is fooking amazing! It is everything I hoped it would be and more! They only downside is an average of 17mpg so far! (No long trips yet though)

It is luxurious and comfortble in Comfort, and savagely fast and tight in Dynamic. Choose your mode and drive according to your mood.

So far no issues and it is booked into MRC on 19th July for a full fluid service and health check.

Other than that I am enjoying driving, cleaning and looking at it.

Everyone should try one once if they can.

Cheers

Steve
      The Perfectionist
      sigpic
      Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Lovely motor you have there Steve, glad its still bringing a smile to your face
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Audi 80 View Post

Hi Anthony,

It is fooking amazing! It is everything I hoped it would be and more! They only downside is an average of 17mpg so far! (No long trips yet though)

It is luxurious and comfortble in Comfort, and savagely fast and tight in Dynamic. Choose your mode and drive according to your mood.

So far no issues and it is booked into MRC on 19th July for a full fluid service and health check.

Other than that I am enjoying driving, cleaning and looking at it.

Everyone should try one once if they can.

Cheers

Steve
          Glad to hear!! Always been a fan of the RS’s especially c5 RS6 costs frighten me so ended up with A6 biturbo saloon amazing piece of kit nearly as fast as an S6 but average about 35mpg and near 48 on a long run. Keep enjoying

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post

Glad to hear!! Always been a fan of the RS’s especially c5 RS6 costs frighten me so ended up with A6 biturbo saloon amazing piece of kit nearly as fast as an S6 but average about 35mpg and near 48 on a long run. Keep enjoying
            Thanks, I am hoping it won't be extortionately expensive to run..... (apart from fuel!)
            The Perfectionist
            sigpic
            Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

A small update for those that might like to follow:

These are some shots taken at the end of a very early Sunday morning run at 6am so see what the car was really capable of. (speed limiter appears to be absent.... )

PXL_20210627_050432518 small.jpg

PXL_20210627_050544999 small.jpg

PXL_20210627_050603965.MP small.jpg

Shortly after aquiring it, I realised that wheel centres were not up to scratch and ordered new ones from Audi - £120 total.

IMG_20210619_110317 small.jpg

IMG_20210619_110324 small.jpg
              Last month I booked the RS into MRC for the 40k miles transmission service.

This is a fluid and filter change for:

Gearbox
              Front Diff
              Centre Diff
              Rear Diff

I also asked for a health check on the Dyno. It turns out that despite the car feeling bloody fast, it is 50 bhp down on power! It needs a carbon clean and will be getting a remap for the engine and gearbox at the same time.

Cost of the above was £1100
              Quote for the carbon clean and remap is £2100 - will do this in few months time...

This month, I put a pair of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's on the rear to match the fronts. (There were a Dunlop SportMaxx and a Michelin Pilot sport on the rear which did not match and bugged me!)

Tyres were £520 total

Next week I am going to have the tinted window film removed from the rear windows, and rear hatch as i absolutely hate them, they totally ruin the lines of the car. I have been quote £150 to have this done by a local company.

I knew this would not be a cheap car to run and factored that in when I bought it. More importantly to me, it has to be right and done properly....

Although it looks amazing, the paintwork is not quite up to my high standards and it needs a light polish / enhancement to bring out the gloss in the paint. If you look at the paint on the door shuts, it is deeper and glossier that the outside, but this can easily be rectified.

Here is one of my favourite views of it in the office car park. Those arches....

PXL_20210702_155311380 small.jpg

And this is a view I will never get tired of:

IMG_20210612_173422 small.jpg
              Cheers

Steve

The Perfectionist
              sigpic

Comment

That is gorgeous Steve.

Comment

Thanks Tom. Any news on your gorgeous RS2 please!?
                  The Perfectionist
                  sigpic

Comment

Stunning......

Comment

Beautiful lines on the back end. Stunning car.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I like the look of this
                        Is the sports rear diff an option on these?

Comment

Originally posted by sal_s2 View Post
                          I like the look of this
                          Is the sports rear diff an option on these?
                          Thanks Sal,

No sports rear diff is standard, mine has "Sports suspension plus" though, which has firmer spring and shock-absorber settings than standard and approx. 10mm lower than standard according to Google and Audi.

Hope that helps!

The Perfectionist
                          sigpic

Comment

PXL_20210912_152842655.jpgLast week I had the rear tints removed, as I hated the way the windows looking on the rear doors and cargo area.... (Oh and I gave it a complete machine polish and detail.... )

(Photo has filters applied )
                            The Perfectionist
                            sigpic

Comment

This is non adjusted: PXL_20210912 original small.jpg
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic

Comment

Very nice indeed ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                                THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X