My Bad day :-(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bad day :-(

First off i would like to say a big thank you to Jas (Jas11n) For helping out with my ignition barrel

This story will cover my day. And to (hopefully) prove a point also.

Right wake up early so i can sign for any post that i have comming. I sign for my post (thanks again Jas) ,i recieve my barrel back and start by putting a new stering lock in
    to make a propper job of it.
    Dials and stearing wheel now on, ignition switch connected........... Ignition

Cars Says NO!!!!!

Nothing just a hum..........

So i start to check all the connections but to discover the bodge on the turbo timer thingy by the perious owner was so bad that it was going to be alot more wire cutting and soildering than i thought

And defently out of my depth of electrics.

So what do you do??

Well i had my LLoyds platnium card and i remember when they were trying to get me to have it, Free break down cover from the AA @ home as well

A phone call to my friends garage, its ok to take the car up to him 4miles away.
    So's i call the AA Cars broken..... ok 40mins
    Guy comes ( complete muppet ) Trys telling me that i have flooded it or theres no spark. I tell him that i have checked it over 10X and vag comed it.

He calls a flat bed truck 30mins later

Arives and we get the car on after 30mins of pushing and pulling about the drive way

Right i just want to let others no from my mis hap. Please DO NOT let any one put any after market electrics in your car unless they have a good background etc etc.... And get some free break down cover

Now to the person that butchered a turbo timmer thingy to my car.. I will find you and i will kill you!
    Last edited by terrybullwon; 28 February 2007, 17:38.
    Chef

:mischeif: I know some people that can make things happen
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Breakdown cover is a must!
      acidtrax

Comment

Originally posted by Bibby View Post
        Breakdown cover is a must!
        Spot on
        Even better when its free though
        Chef

Comment

Hmm let me see i have used the AA 4 times in the last 2 years and the last time 2 weeks ago when the clutch cable broke on the wifes pug, amazingly the AA guy was going to make a new temporary cable.

Iain

Comment

You have a very very nice car mate.
            Audi Quattro WR

Comment

My car came with an aftermarket immobiliser key fob thingy. Install was such a bodge job that the wiring for it was resting on the steering column and wore through.

Picture sitting in a supermarket car park with smoke pouring out from under the dash, seriously uncool .....and i didnt have breakdown cover

Nice motor by the way
              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Feel your pain dude, i had a bad day today too! Broke a tooth, during a 'discussion' last night then went to work and crashed an ambulance! In restricted duty till the investigation gets sorted out so spending the night with my old mate smirnoff! But my S2 got me home safe and sound.
                Ragusa Coupe gone!
                sigpic
                VW T4 Multivan. TSW Holstens hiding in the garage for the winter.
                VW Mk1 Caddy pickup, modded or "ruined"
                vw T5 Kombi. In the process of being "ruined"

Comment

Originally posted by Crawford_S2 View Post
                  Feel your pain dude, i had a bad day today too! Broke a tooth, during a 'discussion' last night then went to work and crashed an ambulance! In restricted duty till the investigation gets sorted out so spending the night with my old mate smirnoff! But my S2 got me home safe and sound.
                  Wow! thats not a scratch on how bad my day was! hope things get sorted mate

Thanks for the positive comments lets just hope it starts soon
                  Chef

Comment

Dude you just made me fall in love with pearl. Time for some new pics Terry
                    Cheers mis amigos,
                    _Anton

Comment

Hope you get everything sorted soon mate and yeah, agree that breakdown cover is a must.

But........ did an S2 ever look so good on a flatbed!!!!
                      That's the first time I've seen a 'full' shot of your car and have to say that it's beautiful

Comment

Glad you had a good response from the AA James, sitting in the office at said breakdown company at the moment you'll be glad you've not got to call in now, it's gone a bit pear shaped this evening and your currently looking up to 3 hours for recovery
                        Was it an AA patrol who attended first of all or did you get a garage agent?
                        1995 S2 Avant
                        Homefries,
                        RS2 intercooler,
                        996 monoblocks,
                        Koni adjustable shocks,
                        H&R springs,
                        18" RS6 reps in anthracite.
                        150K and running great

Comment

Bazookachicken:
                          AA came first i told them on the phone i am going to need a flat bed to get it shifted but they said let the AA man be the judge of that one, but when he got there he said to me why didnt you say that on the phone that you needed a flat bed

Pretty quick i must say
                          Chef

Comment

That sounds about right at the moment we've got a lot of temp's in the office who probably wouldn't have given a thought to it being 4 wheel drive. It's a bit luck of the draw as to whether you get someone who knows anything about cars when you ring in and the system is not really geared up for rare models. Still sounds like the service was ok for you. I mostly deal with the police and commercial vehicles but you hear some nightmare stories here of personal members waiting for hours and hours only to get the wrong type of vehicle.
                            1995 S2 Avant
                            Homefries,
                            RS2 intercooler,
                            996 monoblocks,
                            Koni adjustable shocks,
                            H&R springs,
                            18" RS6 reps in anthracite.
                            150K and running great

Comment

Ahem, for a small fee all his troubles and turbo timing c**k ups will dissapear never to happen to anyone again
                              Dark Grey Avant
                              RS2 FARB
                              Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
                              Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Working...
                              X