Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi S2 Avant Emerald Green

Hi all.

Just bought myself an S2 Avant, I believe the car is known on the forum already and there are a few threads lingering around on it.

Really happy with the car, needs few little bits. The exhaust is blowing, rev gauge is a bit temperamental and I think it may need some new coilpacks so I'll be looking at the TFSI conversion. Once these little bits are done over the next year or so I'll be looking at a complete suspension overhaul along with sending the subframes off to be galvanised and painted.

For now at least I'm just going to enjoy it and it should be going over to Germany in June if it behaves.

S2.jpg

Attached Files

nice one

Comment

Congrats on the new purchase. I'm sure you'll get any questions you have answered here
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Comment

I recognise that car, it's one of Tristan's old ones. Good solid car when I knew it and I've worked on it, think it's been in Scotland for a while.

1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
            1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
            1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
            1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
              I recognise that car, it's one of Tristan's old ones. Good solid car when I knew it and I've worked on it, think it's been in Scotland for a while.

It has indeed! Been looked after quite well, good to hear it's always been solid. Yet to find any rust which is good news!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post
                It has indeed! Been looked after quite well, good to hear it's always been solid. Yet to find any rust which is good news!
                Good to see you've started a thread on the next chapter of K15's ownership, looking forward to more pictures

Comment

Congrats Nathan. Previous owner John would have loved and cared for the car bought it from a great guy. Looking forward to your updates

Comment

Removed the CD player and put a tape deck back in!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan94 View Post
                      Removed the CD player and put a tape deck back in!
                      Sony......nice ..........but what sounds are playing ?!

Comment

Originally posted by John. View Post

Sony......nice ..........but what sounds are playing ?!
                        Dance hits tape from around 2001

Comment

Good move, I highly approve as I'm a retro Hifi enthusiast/nerd.... I still have the original high spec Sony 4 x 50w RMS cassette head unit fitted to my RS2...

My car originally belonged to the sound engineer for Genesis who had some serious Hifi equipment fitted to the car by Audi, a Mini Disc changer for six discs, CD changer with a 10 CD capacity, upgraded speakers in the original locations as well as the nice head unit I've already mentioned, all Sony kit. Apart from the speakers which are all Blaupunkt.

Unfortunately the Mini Disc player and CD changer had both stopped working by the time I got the car, however the head unit still works perfectly, had early Iron Maiden blasting for my extensive trip around Scotland as I only had two tapes in the car.

Did the North Coast 500 route for about the sixth time, wasn't quite as fun as in my old mental 1300 kg 380bhp 3B, but still a fantastic trip. I highly recommend doing that drive if you get the chance the roads up there are amazing and the scenery is really quite something if you like that sort of thing.

Normally I'd have a selection of early/mid 90's hardcore techno as well as metal and 70's hard rock, I have a pretty eclectic taste in music.

I sold the Mini Disc player and CD changer even though they didn't work, got good money for them. I would have tried to fix the CD changer but as I only own about a dozen CD's I couldn't be bothered, 90% of my music is on vinyl which I transfer to to either Chrome or Metal cassettes.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
                            Good move, I highly approve as I'm a retro Hifi enthusiast/nerd.... I still have the original high spec Sony 4 x 50w RMS cassette head unit fitted to my RS2...

My car originally belonged to the sound engineer for Genesis who had some serious Hifi equipment fitted to the car by Audi, a Mini Disc changer for six discs, CD changer with a 10 CD capacity, upgraded speakers in the original locations as well as the nice head unit I've already mentioned, all Sony kit. Apart from the speakers which are all Blaupunkt.

Unfortunately the Mini Disc player and CD changer had both stopped working by the time I got the car, however the head unit still works perfectly, had early Iron Maiden blasting for my extensive trip around Scotland as I only had two tapes in the car.

Did the North Coast 500 route for about the sixth time, wasn't quite as fun as in my old mental 1300 kg 380bhp 3B, but still a fantastic trip. I highly recommend doing that drive if you get the chance the roads up there are amazing and the scenery is really quite something if you like that sort of thing.

Normally I'd have a selection of early/mid 90's hardcore techno as well as metal and 70's hard rock, I have a pretty eclectic taste in music.

I sold the Mini Disc player and CD changer even though they didn't work, got good money for them. I would have tried to fix the CD changer but as I only own about a dozen CD's I couldn't be bothered, 90% of my music is on vinyl which I transfer to to either Chrome or Metal cassettes.
                            At some point I'm actually going to add bluetooth!

There's a device available that plugs into the CD changer control port and then you can connect USB, 3.5mm jack and Bluetooth and use the buttons on the stereo to skip tracks.

Before that I'll be replacing the speakers, looking at alipine for the dash speakers and possibly focal for the rear doors.

Comment

I have to confess to being a Luddite, I don't like my mobile phone even though I will concede it's useful...

I have a nice Arcam blue tooth converter that I can hook up to my living room system that a friend gave me for Christmas that I'm yet to employ.

My car's head units will be remaining cassette only. Though I do have a CD changer I could wire up to the one in my C4 which I'll probably get around to doing, the C4 30V I've just broke had a nice early 2000's Sony system in it which is going in my C4 Avant quattro, in fact I've all ready fitted the head unit as it pluged straight in, can't recall the make of the speakers but they're better than the old Audi ones.

You can't really go wrong with Alpine stuff, I've various speakers from cars I've broken that I'll pick the best of for my C4.

I'm leaving the system in my RS2 alone as it was pretty expensive in it day and still sounds great.

Comment

Working...
                              X