Jack4688’s 8L S3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack4688’s 8L S3

It’s been a few years since I’ve been on the forum, thought I’d post some pics of my S3. Bought it in October as a divorce present for myself. It was for sale by a dealer down in Chichester for £4,500 which I thought was suspiciously cheap for this sort of car with less than 69,000 miles on the clock at the time.

Some cosmetic issues aside - curbed alloys, deep scratch along the driver’s side (probably vandalism) and sagging headliner - it was in great condition so I took the plunge before anyone else snapped it up. I drive a van daily so it’s still only just gone past 71,000 and the interior looks like it has seen even less! The previous 2 owners must’ve worn silk gloves whenever they touched anything on the centre console.

So far I’ve have the cambelt replaced for peace of mind as the service history was patchy from 2014 onwards, but the MOTs looked pretty clean. Only needs a new spring on the rear now, been super-reliable so far. Also just put 2 Michelin Primacy 4s on the front.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Nice always liked these S3s any upgrade plans?

Comment

None! It would seem a shame to start messing with it after 22 years of being so well looked after. I haven’t even taken out the old stereo, I found a tape deck bluetooth adapter that does the job just fine.

It’s all cosmetic things that need keeping on top of for now. I’ve got a set of 17” Avuses which will be my first attempt at DIY alloy wheel refurb and become winter wheels, then the 18” RS4 replicas (don’t know the proper name for that wheel style) can get a refurb too. Then I will attempt a deep scratch touch-up across the drivers’ side - that’s where the biggest potential lies for a major cockup from me! The headlights are on their way to needing fogginess buffed out and the headlining has sagged all the way along and across!

That should all keep me busy until upgrades come to mind, but in reality this car is plenty fast enough in the real world and more fun than I remember my B5 and B4s being. Probably because for me it’s the ‘right’ size car, much nicer than the 8P TFSI I had a few years ago as well.

Comment

S3 8L are brilliant little cars. I have had three, and would not hesitate if another one came along at the right price.
        Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Looks lovely Jack. A real sweet spot / golden age for Audi. Respect for keeping it bone stock - and with those body coloured mirrors, will look even more stealthy if you swap it onto the earlier Avus 17s.
          B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Yeah I can’t stand those chrome wing mirrors. Some S/RS models it suits, but not the 8L in my opinion. That and the fact this seems to be a very dark anthracite, rather than jet black, is what made me wanna buy this one. I think the only colours I’d prefer on one of these is a dark blue or noggy blue.

I had some cheap Avuses on it for a bit until I got those Michelins. They’ve been powder coated or painted grey/black which had the effect of making it look quite rough and chavvy! They will also get a DIY refurb and become my winter wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by jack4688 View Post
              yeah i can’t stand those chrome wing mirrors. Some s/rs models it suits, but not the 8l in my opinion. That and the fact this seems to be a very dark anthracite, rather than jet black, is what made me wanna buy this one. I think the only colours i’d prefer on one of these is a dark blue or noggy blue.

I had some cheap avuses on it for a bit until i got those michelins. They’ve been powder coated or painted grey/black which had the effect of making it look quite rough and chavvy! They will also get a diy refurb and become my winter wheels.
              Audi ebony black pearl = z9w
              B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Working...
              X