Nothelle N300 Avant and A6 2.5TDi Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothelle N300 Avant and A6 2.5TDi Avant

Just thought I'd load some pics up of my 2 Audi's. I must apologise for the dirt on the S2 but it had been raining all week (when does it ever stop!) so wanted to get the A6 clean as the pictures I took that day are the ones I've used for advertising it as it's now for sale (see Autotrader if interested, page 2 of Audi A6!). This was the first nice day so I took advantage of it and thought I'd may aswell get some pics of the 2 together as I may not get another chance.

The 2 cars are an S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, amethyst, and an A6 2.5TDi 5cylinder Avant, 1995, silver. The A6 was an interim car after owning a BMW E36 325i Coupe, I needed an estate and decided to go diesel to help on the fuel bills, and what a car it turned out to be, not a particularly fun car but what it did do, it did it excellently! Then when the Nothelle turned up within a reasonable travelling distance I couldn't pass up on the oppurtunity to own the perfect Audi Avant, imo, as it does everything I want from a car...
    Attached Files
    Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car
    Audi A6 Avant 2.5 TDi, 1995, Arctic Silver (now sold)
    BMW E36 325i Coupe, 1993, Diamond Black (now sold)
    VW Polo 1.0L 6N, 1998, Red (the missus' car)
    Aprilia Rs250 motorbike, 1998, Black (the weekend toy)

Rear view of the 2, the only thing the S2 lacks compared to the A6 is the removable towbar, but I think I can quite happily overlook that when there's a nice set of Milltek pipes poking out from underneath it looking like a double barrel shot-gun, and at times sounding like one when it gets abit of over-run in there... oh, but the S2 does have roof rails lol
    Attached Files
    Audi 80 S2 Nothelle N300 Avant, 1993, Amethyst Pearl VW/Audi Car Magazine article about this very car

Comment

And the front view - the previous owner claimed to the spray job on the 4 rings, grill surround and the S2 badge, I like it, the missus doesn't but she's just jealous as she only has a VW badge lol gives the car a 'mean face'.

I think the A6 is a much nicer looking car, it has cleaner lines and I think has kept more modern looking compared to recent Audi's and with the private plate on alot of people really were fooled by it's age - thinking it was a much newer car than it actually was, the S2 however is just a mean little sod, the little lad loves it and is always shouting 'fasted Dad, faster!' though the petrol station loves me for that and I don't think that excuse will go down well with PC Plod, 'But Officer, it's the boy, you see he's only happy when cruising above 100mph, Sir, honestly!'

Would love to keep them both, but I can't justify to the other half having 2 Audi Avants, and she won't drive the A6 (it's too big!) and I won't give her the keys to the S2, so as the S2 is the complete package the A6 (or 'Big Den' as it's known, Denzel/Diesel, turned into Big Den) loses out so has to go.... it shall be missed when gone!
      Attached Files

Comment

The Nothelle looks amazing
        Chef

Comment

Thanks Terry, hopefully these will give a better representation of how it actually looks as I've just cleaned it at the front of the house so before the sun went down I took a few shots - but sadly, I didn't have time to polish it but it still comes up with a good shine even with just a sponge wash.
          Attached Files

Comment

And another to show more of the front, and my lil Border Collie, Eve - she's part of the reason for the Avant, and she'd sat with me for most of the afternoon whilst I was cleaning it!

Oh yeah, sorry for the offensive image in the background - the Citroen C3, it's a neighbours car, luckily nothing to do with our family!
            Attached Files

Comment

And the final one, I had to get this as the dog looked cute (before it's eyes lit-up) sat with it's front feet crossed - sadly in my haste to take it I cut the front of the car off, but it does show how it nicely sits in the arches - even though front tyre pressure was a little low...
              Attached Files

Comment

Well, this is the final one to show that my dog isn't a devil-dog really and has nice soft brown eyes lol

Plus, you can see an alloy in the background
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Key Walshe View Post
                  Well, this is the final one to show that my dog isn't a devil-dog really and has nice soft brown eyes lol

Plus, you can see an alloy in the background
                  that's a big dog it's nearly as big as a house
                  1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                  2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
                  3. H & R SPRINGS
                  4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                  5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
                  6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
                  7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
                  8. fmic fitted

Comment

What suspension is on this? Is it a Nothelle setup (sorry, don't know too much about them) or something else?
                    I love the way the wheels are sitting in those arches.
                    I cannot believe I'm going to say this about an avant but "I love it".

Comment

Me to, that is a nice AVANT wheels do alter the looks of an avant.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dpicariello View Post
                        What suspension is on this? Is it a Nothelle setup (sorry, don't know too much about them) or something else?
                        I love the way the wheels are sitting in those arches.
                        I cannot believe I'm going to say this about an avant but "I love it".
                        Firstly, thanks for the compliments, especially the one above about 'loving an Avant' - coming from a Coupe owner I'll take that as very good praise. I'm quite surprised there's such a split with some about the 2 different styles, although I guess it's mostly all in good faith :mischeif:

I believe the suspension is a full H&R lowering kit - which one I'm not sure exactly as all the work on it has been done by previous owners, so I can't take any credit for it (some by forum member Loz). But I've found out that BRY has the same suspension setup on his RS2 as he's a friend of the above and liked the suspension he bought the same - as standard I think the Nothelle uses the standard Sachs dampers with lowering springs. I only know that as I read it in THIS LINK as the car in that magazine article is the car I now own!

Comment

Working...
                        X