Swapped 1 x V8 for 2 Straight 6's!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapped 1 x V8 for 2 Straight 6's!!

Yesterday was a sad day and I bid a fond farewell to my Maserati Shamal.
    It went to a private collector and in return he gave me these!!

1st up, a 1984 E24 Alpina B9!!!
    Less than single figures for RHD models left in the UK!

Just gotta source the correct front bumper!! Leaving the Chrome wheel arch trims cos they reek of '80's pimp!!! Took it for an MOT today as it ain't been anywhere in 2 years and it needed a new wiper blade and an advisory on the rear tyre!!

and a 1965 Ford Mustang Convertible, 3spd Auto. Straight 6 with the rare red Pony interior. Complete with power hood, power steering and air conditioning!!!

The wife wants the Mustang so I get the RS2!!!

Blinkin heck Coxy think you did well on that deal dont you?
    S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Yeehaa!
      welcome to Mustang ownership!
      Anything you need to know about your "stang PM away my friend!
      Rob..
      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
      87 UR 20v ABY
      97 S6 Avant
      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Just a thought, I have a lovely 302 V8 begging to make that pony rumble!
        Rob..
        87 UR 20v ABY
        97 S6 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
          Just a thought, I have a lovely 302 V8 begging to make that pony rumble!
          Don't tempt me! My mate has just put a V8 in his 67 Mustang and now it's well lairy!!
          I'll stick to the gentle sedate straight 6 for now!!

Where's the best place for parts in the UK or is it best to ship from the US?
          Only need a couple of things like a catch for the glove box and some window felts for now but I'm sure the list will soon add up!

Comment

Best to get from the U.S. fantastic service and cheaper!
            NPD in the states, order normally comes in two days!http://www.npdlink.com/modules.php?name=Mustang_Catalog
            No import duty under $40.00

Got to have a V8 popped in! would put a substantial amout on its value! "who wants a classic yank without a V8" is the usual statement..
            Rob..
            87 UR 20v ABY
            97 S6 Avant

Comment

had no idea of the value of these cars old Fords but jive ust seen a black 65 coupe with 25k on it for £10k think you did get a good deal Coxy Lets have some pics of your `stang up Rob I believe shes a bit special
              S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Two really beautiful cars I have to say.

I used to own a 635csi and loved it. It produced about 218bhp and felt really nice to drive. Loved the shape of them as well.

What sort of power does the Alpina one produce?

Love it in the gleaming red with the silver wheelarches. Suits the car.

Comment

The Alpina is 245bhp, 0-60 in 6.5 and top speed of 158..................alledgedly!

Comment

Working...
                  X