engine died ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine died ......

....... car stalled, called the RAC no spark, no injection pulse, RAC reckons hall sender, I reckon broken dizzie gear .... anyway now with the local stealer

Originally posted by Markarina View Post
    anyway now with the local stealer
    ******. That's not good. Can you get it back before they do some more damage?
    SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
      ******. That's not good. Can you get it back before they do some more damage?

Sorry to hear this markarina. a major PITA.
      Im with Stu though.... try and get the car back asap!

Comment

Yeah sounds to me like thats whats gone wrong, best to get it back asap.

Comment

Well got the car back today, and it was indeed the hall effect sensor, however it was not the actual sensor itself but the loom. Seems the loom runs behind the engine and had chaffed through about half way along the length of the loom, so people may want to check their looms and wrap some tape round the offending area, a few pence worth of tape may well save you the cost of an £80 sensor.

Comment

wait a minute.... are you telling us, that a dealer diagnosed bad wiring and fixed the problem? I mean, didnt charge you for lots of unwanted new parts?
            Wow, you are lucky, you should let us know which dealer it is, so if we really need a dealer we know which one to use...!
            Nice one, and some good advice...
            Chris
            Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
            S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
            '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
              wait a minute.... are you telling us, that a dealer diagnosed bad wiring and fixed the problem? I mean, didnt charge you for lots of unwanted new parts?
              Wow, you are lucky, you should let us know which dealer it is, so if we really need a dealer we know which one to use...!
              Nice one, and some good advice...
              Chris
              LMAO! That is the FIRST good story I have heard about a dealer!!!

Glad to hear it is all sorted and reasonably cheaply too!
              The Perfectionist
              sigpic
              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

you don't want to know the final bill ..... but all they charged me for was diagnosing the fault, supply and fit new sensor, they even cleaned and vacuumed the car.

However this is also the stealer that previously told that an intermittent cluster backlight was caused by a bulb having blown and that the reason that it came on sometimes was the broken filament in the bulb moving around and occasionally making contact .......

Maybe that incident was the mechanic's trying to put one over on a service adviser ... if I hadn't been so flabbergasted I would yelled down the phone... but they caught me completely off guard with such a story

Comment

Only stealer I ever used with no problem was meridian audi in hitchin herts. Did catch a good one though standing at the parts counter and listening to a bloke with a tt he wanted a bulb changing on it, they charged him £80 quid. I just stood there looking shocked at it all, and he paid it.

Comment

there isn't a meridian audi in hitchin any more only hitchin audi near the station.......

Comment

Oh ok, I always referred to it as that because thats what I knew it as, changed alot when I last went in there.

Comment

Working...
                      X