My 1991 2.8 V6 Saloon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1991 2.8 V6 Saloon

Own this around two months now. Bought it completely standard. Needed a good cleaing over tho

Added a few mods recently... nothing major, but Im pleased with her

Ive got love for you, In my Audi 80 ... Eigh-ty

great looker

cheers
    john

Comment

Can you source another set of rims for my 2.8?

Get some clear side indicators

I spy heated seat switches! Are those standard seats heated?

Oh and also at 65k you are just breaking the v6 in... my V6 has gone around the block almost 4 times as much as yours has

edit: Do you not have a strut bar? and I'm curious to why your ABS unit is different than mine, even though you have the ABS button on the dash...
      Last edited by Cullam3n; 16 November 2007, 17:22.

Comment

Liking it...nice rims ..are they 17's they look big

Comment

Originally posted by Cullam3n View Post
          Can you source another set of rims for my 2.8?

Get some clear side indicators

I spy heated seat switches! Are those standard seats heated?

Oh and also at 65k you are just breaking the v6 in... my V6 has gone around the block almost 4 times as much as yours has

edit: Do you not have a strut bar? and I'm curious to why your ABS unit is different than mine, even though you have the ABS button on the dash...
          Clear indicators will be sorted soon! Seats are heated yes, and very warm They are the original seats so Im guessing it was an optional extra when buying the car new?

65k is nothing I know... mannnnyyy more happy grunts to come from her Ive noticed what appears to be the brackets for a strut bar, but they were there when I bought that car. I duno If i could source simply the bar itself? V6's didnt come as standard with a strut brace did they?? Cos the brackets look pretty factory to me, even their fitment!

I could certainly get another set of these wheels no probs... 17s, 18s... even 19s!

Comment

Actually just looked up two random V6 engine bays on eBay (pictured below)... seems they come standard with a strut brace??

Im gona have to look into getting a bar to fit my brackets!

(Also noticed these two ABS units are different too)

Comment

Early 80 V6's didn't come with the strut brace (my first 80 2.8q didn't have one).
              Brace came in 1992 at some point.
              Factory fitted strut brace mounts are mig welded to the strut tower. Yours, although the OEM items, look to have been bolted on as a modification by it's previous owner/s. All you need is to buy the bar and four bolts.

@ PC, it's the previous ABS unit, again a change came in 1992 (late 1992 IIRC, but can't remember 100%)
              2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
              2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
              1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Silver Indicator Bulbs

Consider buying silver indicator bulbs for your new front indicator lenses.

Consider changing the steering wheel to the nice three spoke leather one (Personal?) used on S2's before the airbag one. Somebody else better at computers than me will no doubt assist by posting a photo of the suggested steering wheel?

Maybe loose the "2.8" badge off the boot?

Kind regards.
                Last edited by macspring; 16 November 2007, 19:27.

Comment

Looking good an nice colour as well

You should be able to get one of the strut bars quite easily, just check with people breaking s2's etc.

Comment

Three spoke 'sport' steering wheel.

Here...
                    Attached Files
                    Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

And....

for cheapo s2 looks colour code the black trim body colour.

Someone on here could photoshop the change so you can 'see' what it might look like?
                      Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Jas11n View Post
                        Early 80 V6's didn't come with the strut brace (my first 80 2.8q didn't have one).
                        Brace came in 1992 at some point.
                        Factory fitted strut brace mounts are mig welded to the strut tower. Yours, although the OEM items, look to have been bolted on as a modification by it's previous owner/s. All you need is to buy the bar and four bolts.
                        I dont mean to come across rude, but I think you may be wrong. If you look at my engine bay snap, you'll see the thread that the strut bracket is connected to is the same colour as the car, and this thread is actually part of the chassis upon closer inspection...

Comment

You don't come across as rude
                          That weld stud is for the black protective top mount cap to secure to. A plastic nut is used to keep the black cap on. There is actually two of them for the cap, one front, one rear.
                          As said before, early 2.8's came with no strut brace, I had one.
                          I've had two of them, first had no brace, second did.
                          When they were later fitted as standard, the strut brace bracket was mig welded to the strut tower.

HTH's
                          Jas..
                          2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
                          2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
                          1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

Only just seen this but I think I can clear up the confusion here. The strut brace was fitted to all V6s as far as I know but Jas could be correct that some very early cars don't have them. All V6s until around November 92 were fitted with a strut brace that bolts on, after that it was welded on like it is on the S2. This means that your car is correct in having the bolt on type, it is just missing the bar.

That ABS unit looks like the later MY93 onwards unit but I was not aware that they were interchangeable with the previous type, does the ABS work?

It looks like a nice car, it is not common to see heated seats on an 80, it was indeed an option. It also looks like it has a on-board computer, I don't think I have ever seen an 80 saloon with one before. It still doesn't have as many options as mine but that's only because I fitted them all myself!
                            92 Audi 80 Quattro => RS2 Saloon!
                            98 TVR Cerbera 4.5
                            63 Austin Mini Super Deluxe (turbocharged)
                            69 Austin Mini Cooper
                            71 MGB GT
                            75 Daimler Vanden Plas 4.2L
                            04 Kawasaki GPX250
                            96 Subaru Legacy GT-B

Comment

Tut 80Quattro

btw I'd also suggest binning the rubber mats and getting proper carpet ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X