non starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non starter

Happy new year all, just come back after 5 weeks away battery on the car is dead flat so tryed a brand new charged battery on it, all ellectrics working perfect but wont turn over, its asif theres no starter, no clicking nothin the car has a clifford concept 50 on it, does anyone know if this is a feature on the alarm which is stoppin it from turning open.
    Whilst i was away my brother had been starting it every week, anyone got any ideas

If its not the alarm you could try giving the started motor a tap with a hammer. That might wake it up.
    91 S2 coupé - RIP
    98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

anyone

Comment

Same as what Bo said.
        Either alarm has a fuction to kill the starter, or the starters solenoid is stuck.
        Do a google search on your alarm model, I'm sure you'll come across what features it has.
        2001 Avus Silver B5 RS4.
        2004 A4 Avant 1.8T quattro Sport-LE.
        1995 S2 Coupe - sold (sniff)

Comment

You tried reseting factory immobiliser with key in door lock?.
          Lock then unlock using key.........Just a thought.
          sigpic

Comment

ok thanks guys

Comment

Nip I had exactly the same, open and shut the drivers door with the key in the lock and not the clifford alarm and then retry. By doing that you disable the standard alarm.

If you pull the fuse for central locking / oem alarm ( 19 or 20 ) I bet it starts 1st time.

Comment

hi jamo, i tried doing that still no good, im gonna jack it up today and try to hit the starter to see if its jammed, there is no fuse in the 19 or 20 position of the fuse box

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
                  hi jamo, i tried doing that still no good, im gonna jack it up today and try to hit the starter to see if its jammed, there is no fuse in the 19 or 20 position of the fuse box
                  Is the start solenoid clicking ie got power if so could be stuck starter motor like suggested, or could be ignition switch itself, electricl problems can be a RPITA to trace.

Edit, just read first post again you say you have no click's or noise, so more probbably immobiliser/alarm, try disconnecting interior ultrasonic sensors if poss.
                  Good luck.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nip View Post
                    Eh? how does your central locking work then?

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/tech_articl...e_fuse_box.htm

It's fuse 19 with 10 amp fuse.

Comment

yes all still works

Comment

s20ale we r gonna try and see if we have power to the starter tonight if we have time, there is no click nothin at all, if there is no power to the starter im thinking immobilizer problems, funny thing is ive never had any startin issues before the flat battery.

Comment

Working...
                        X