Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Avant

Gents,

S2 Avant, Met Green. Satin inside bits. 125k or so. Incomplete history. SORN. Not MOT. Standard apart from remap..

Good bits - runs fine. 'Nugent' remap, Complete set of Samco's (not fitted yet), had major underneath work carried out by Mr Nugent a few years ago...New brake hoses fitted for last MOT

Bad bits - needs work to body - bonnet has de-lacqured itself, rear door has been repaired in past, badly. Needs new pads (and possibly discs). Dashboard lights not all working (well thats a surprise..) Wheels need a 'bit of a going over', Front bumper has 'come away' from the NS wing

History - origional UK press car!

With the brakes fixed it will pass MOT.

I am guessing this is worth 1.5k or so?

PM for more details...
    '93 Avant. First Avant in UK. Original Audi Press Car.

PM sent
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Any pics? where abouts are you located?
      Time waits for no man. Unless that man is Chuck Norris.

Comment

Can I be a pain an ask you to post up a specific asking price or starting point for negotiations?

Even, I am looking for.... £xxxx is good enough..

Cheers,

Steve
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Hi,

Pics - Sorry, have not got any as it currently looks. Although if interested PM and can talk you round it..

How it did look is

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk/articles/fast_lane_93.htm - that is the actual car..

Located in East Sussex, about 20mins from M23/Gatwick.

Price, as suggested in origional email, around 1.5k however open to reasonable offers. However I don't 'need' to sell...

HTH David

Comment

Mr Minns... finally had to let the old girl go ehh

Gotta say this car looked a bit rough circa 2003 when I last saw it cos of the paint / lacquer problem, but I can vouch for it being essentially mechanically sound - well it was after I renewed many a bush, front bearings, front brakes, rear brakes (incl new calipers), CV Boots, new bomb, an ABS sensor, a radiator and I'm pretty certain it got RS2 ARBs front and rear then as well. Twas a long time ago but the car was in my place for a long time getting thru that list of tasks.

It has an early version of the homefries which I'm happy to upgrade to latest/greatest for postage - for David or whoever buys it.

This is an original UK press car - very early S2 Avant without roofrails, orange indis, old lights and wheels, but some therapy on the paint and cosmetics and it could be a good un. Worth the effort I think...

Paul
            Paul Nugent
            Webmaster http://S2central.net
            Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
            2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
            2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Indeed Mr Nugent!

The car has been off the road for the last 18 months, and with family increase all of 7 weeks ago it means I have to go and buy a bus. Or something equally ill handling!

As you suggest, the oily bits seem as good as ever, however the body work ain't concours...

I will be sorry to see it go, however needs as needs must (and all that)

Cheers

David

Comment

beer and girls

would you sell the samco kit?

andy

Comment

Hopefully viewing, (hopefully, together with Samcos) tomorrow.....
                  Well, I'm not, but a good friend wanting an avant is......
                  Hopefully it will be going to a good home, and get some deserved TLC
                  Chris

Comment

Andy,

Buyer has first refusal on the Samco's, and given the boost leak is almost certainly from a hose that has seen better days... unlikely.

Cheers

David

Comment

And Then

fair do's mate but if you dont shift them il have them.

Comment

Hi,

Car + Samco's have been sold to chappie who will give it the TLC it deserves.

Thanks for interest.

Cheers

David

Comment

Originally posted by S2central.net View Post

It has an early version of the homefries which I'm happy to upgrade to latest/greatest for postage - for David or whoever buys it.

PM sent Paul, would like to sort this one out....
                          Chris

Comment

wheres the pics off this old bird
                            94 s2 avant
                            aoc member 1116

Comment

Hi,

As the seller, I never took/had any pics... the linky in previous post shows pics as Audi intended the car to look like... maybe the new owner, or LHD kid can post up a few... maybe when it has had a bit of TLC...

Comment

Working...
                              X