Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5potblair View Post
    The car is now in the hands of the insurance and I`ve no idea where it went
    This is common as 99% of owners do not question this and therefore the insurance companies treat the car as if they have already scrapped it and will have already agreed a price for the salvage with the accessor.

Until you have agreed a settlement, it is legally still your car, make sure THEY know that YOU know that. Do not take the first offer as that will be the lowest they believe that they can get away with, based on the valuation of their accessor (who remember is accessing it to try and turn a profit). In fact, do not accept anything before their 3rd offer

finally, if it is a modified car and you want the parts back but have not had a chance to swap them over before the car was moved, then you can negotiate to buy it as part of the settlement, however that becomes tricky as the damage increases as you car will more than likely be classed as 'must not be repaired'.

The advise must always be to recover the vehicle to a place that YOU control and only release it to the insurance company when you have the money in your hands. This also gives you a chance to speak to the accessor when he values the car.

Good luck and remember my parts list

Cheers n

Si
    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

I have taken a settlement figure and have not put in any request to buy it back. I don`t have space to store a non mover scrapper like this.
      5potblair

It`s rare to be alive... is it?

Comment

In all truth... if I walked away from that carnage, I wouldn't worry if the insurance offered me 5000 or 500 quid. Money is immaterial sometimes...
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

That's quite amazing. A real mess. Glad to hear you're still in one piece.
          1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
          2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
          1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

Thats exactly the way I feel.

Cheers Blair
            Originally posted by S2central.net View Post
            In all truth... if I walked away from that carnage, I wouldn't worry if the insurance offered me 5000 or 500 quid. Money is immaterial sometimes...
            5potblair

It`s rare to be alive... is it?

Comment

Do you have any photos of how it used to look?
              Would be good to have one for the Avant register, rather than just one of it looking rather sorry for itself

Comment

Dest, I'm sure he has posted in the 'Showcase - Best picture...' thread.

Matt.
                Ex owner of a 1993 Silver Avant - RS2 spec.
                2002 A8 sport 2.8 quattro Sold
                2003 A6 Avant Tdi
                Mk Indy 2.0 pinto circa 160 Bhp
                2004 VW Caddy SDi
                2002 Civic Type R

Comment

Working...
                X