Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun fun fun

Goodwood circuit [smilie with crash helmet here]

I know the pictures aren't the highest quality, but you get the idea!
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Looks fun - How did you do compared to the other cars?
    S2,RS2,S4 WB,RS4,S4 B8,RS6 C5,RS6 C6,R8

Comment

Originally posted by Doug_RS2
      Looks fun - How did you do compared to the other cars?
      Faster than some (the Golf GTI, the Celica 190), not as fast as others (the Ferrari, the people with way more track time than me).
      The fact that it poured with rain in the morning didn't really help anybody...

More practice needed :mischeif:
      Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

You've got to love track days eh! Can't wait for the Bedford one in May... Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself
        Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_b
          You've got to love track days eh! Can't wait for the Bedford one in May... Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself
          I never had the chance to do circuit driving. It must be great.....
          Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

Originally posted by horvathg
            I never had the chance to do circuit driving. It must be great.....
            Sorry this isn't going to help the non-UK contingent so much (although some of the below do offer trips to European circuits) - the following offer track days or track day bookings...

RMA
            easyTrack
            BookaTrack
            UK Trackdays
            Trackdays

And the following offer driving experience type things...

Red Letter Days
            Buyagift
            Great Experience Days
            Days To Amaze

Of course for the really ambitious (and rich), there's always this! (when their server is up)

Note: (typical disclaimer time) I'm not affiliated with or recommending any of them, and the list is in no particular order.

Comment

Now! that's fun!!

OZzzt

Comment

For my 21st, my parents bought me a day at Brands Hatch at the "Nigel Mansell racing school". I absoloutely bloody loved it! It was a whole day of on-track stuff, most of which was with an instructor. First you went out in a 320i for a few laps, then the instructor took over and showed you actually what a production car really can actually do, which was pretty damned scary at first. Then you got another session behind the wheel with the instructor, after which you got two sessions in what was called "Formula First" - a single seater effort with about the same power as the 320s, but about 1/3 the weight. They set you a target lap time based on what they thought was your ability, and then you had 12 laps to go for it in the single seaters to try and reach your target lap time, and then maintain that speed. Boy was that fun Brands is a great circuit, quick, but easy to learn. Highly recommended for any petrol head really.
                Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

Working...
                X