Homefried S2 & country roads :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homefried S2 & country roads :-)

OK - I admit that I should have done this before (huge grin)

Had my S2 ABY homefried (*www.s2central.net) a few weeks back, and this week finally got out onto some country roads to drive properly... Back roads of Somerset.

I've never owned a car like this before, and I am NOT a 7,000 RPM red-liner petrol head, so this message is for anyone who like me is a fairly standard driver.

WOOOOWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOO

YEEEEEEE HOOOOOOOOO

The car is now just soooo amazing.. so much torque in 3rd and 4th between 3,000 - 4,000rpm !!!!

Winding country roads are what this car was surely made for.. just stunning roadholding, and amazing acceleration. Fantastic fun - and no feeling of near-death experience.

The car was wonderful before, but for £250, the homefry is as easy as fitting a car stereo (literally), costs not much more, and is a MUST HAVE upgrade. Don't wait two years like I did, get it done NOW.

Best

P

(ps : fuel consumtiion now averaging 23+mpg with homefries and 98RON compared to 19mpg on 95RON pre homefries. Although I'm tempted to floor it more often, I reckon the economy is balanced by the fact that the torque means you can change up sooner)

(pps : It's made me realise a brake upgrade could be due soon, as the extra whizz and glue-wheels cornering makes late braking more likely)
    SOLD !

Originally posted by philKS2 View Post

(pps : It's made me realise a brake upgrade could be due soon, as the extra whizz and glue-wheels cornering makes late braking more likely)
    I think thats how most homefried people found out they needed a brake upgrade - i found out trying to slow down from a speedo reading of 165 and running out of brakes by the time i'd got to 100 !!!
    sigpic

Comment

Mines a 3b chipped (but not homefries) and I found out about the brakes on the drive home and that was just motorway driving @ around 100mph.

Think thats next on your list of upgrades.

Comment

Working...
      X