Update on my S2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my S2

I got my S2 Coupe with an ADU engine and gearbox on 26/01/2004. I have since been fixed quite a few things (with the help of this wonderful forum) and I am starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

I have fixed/replaced the following:

Replaced diverter valve with Forge DVR (the old one was leaking badly)

Fitted a Whiteline Rear Anti-roll bar. It has tightened up the car’s handling quite a lot!

I had a 76mm turbo back exhaust installed- the old one was 63mm but in one of the bends went as small as 52mm. The car used to sound like a jet fighter because it could not get all the air out through the obstructions. It sounds quite nice now and is not too loud.

Replaced WGFV, Spark plugs (NGK Iridium), Lambda Sensor and fixed the Barometric Pressure Sensor. Also replaced as many vacuum pipes with silicon pipes as possible.

Fitted 17” Binno B 1000 wheels with Toyo RA1 street legal slicks. Not even an argument that this is the best handling tyre I’ve ever had – have not tried them in the wet though! and the car looks quite good with the 17” wheels as opposed to the original 16”ers. I let you know how the RA1's work in the wet!

Changed the front brake disks from 314 x 25 mm to 322 x 32 mm and fitted EBC Red Pads. The Porsche 993 Turbo calipers on the car should have 32mm disks.

Below is a dyno plot that I had done today. It shows power at the wheels.

Run 1 was done after just replacing the DV and Run 2 after the exhaust and everything else. I am quite chuffed with the result – 179 KW (increase of 15%) and 254 Nm (increase of 22.5% and at 500 rpm less).

The turbo lag is better but still too much. A stock RS2 produces max torque at 3000 rpm and mine at 4500 rpm. I had the car around Phakisa (they had the SA MotoGP there this weekend) and it is not easy to drive with that amount of lag. I have a feeling there is a boost leak somewhere and have ordered a set of Samco silicon boost pipes. I should have them hopefully in 2 weeks time. I also need to do the IC O-ring mod but I am having difficulty in getting hold of a 70-60 reducer.

I have also bought an Aquamist Water Injection System which I still have to fit. The air intake is also not ideal (15 degrees higher intake temp driving on the highway than ambient) so I think I’ll try a BMC CDA Carbon Filter Box to try to solve that.

Once I am sure that I have done everything I can, I will have it rechipped.
    Attached Files
    1995 Silver S2 (ADU) Coupe
    2006 Porsche 997 Carrera S
    2006 Misano Red RS4
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car
    2004 Mercedes Benz Vito 112CD

BTW This is what my car looks like with the new wheels:
    Attached Files
    2006 Misano Red RS4
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car

Comment

You've been busy indeed,very nice car although im biased to silver

Originally posted by GandalfS6
      BTW This is what my car looks like with the new wheels:
      Rob W
      04 Audi S4 Avant
      55 Merc 220cdi c class estate Family hack.
      92 Audi S2 3b Sadly gone.
      1969 mustang fastback 302. Dry storage

Comment

Wheels look great - any idea on cost?

Cheers,

David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Your not alone there rob. Wheels look spot on, the other ones ive wondered about is the detroit F1 wheels.
          Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S
            Your not alone there rob. Wheels look spot on, the other ones ive wondered about is the detroit F1 wheels.
            Gandalf, a very good choice this wheel was, indeed. The car is a standout. I am also a silver fan.
            Gabor

96 ABY coupe full except sunroof. With Porsche big red brakes, remapped ECU, xenon lights, RS2 MAF

Comment

You can see the Binno range at www.binno.com - they also make a few nice Audi replica's. It cost me GBP 385 for the 4 wheels.
              2006 Misano Red RS4
              2004 VW Touareg V8
              2007 Golf Mk1 Race Car

Comment

Working...
              X