Finally had some time to work on car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally had some time to work on car

Last weekend for the first time in a long time I had a chance to do some work on the car.

I've had a drivers side engine mount to fit for ages since I figured after 15 years that it had probably seen better days.

It was a PITA to change and I had a few issues along the way. I had to remove waste gate to get access to the bolt on the top of the engine mount, but it did look like it would need the downpipe loosening too.

Anyway when removing the turbo nuts one of them got mashed so will need replacing now, and worst of all it didn't need to be removed!

Then underneath access to undo the mount isnt too bad, but getting the mount out requires the oil pipe from filter loosening with a 27mm spanner to get the mount out.

With it all back together and a quick road test it was definitely worth the effort. tghe gear change which I have been trying to improve for sometime has been transformed and is alot more precise. I changed the gearbox mounts last year but that didnt fix the issue.

Im now planning to do the passenger side mount too before I get the exhaust fixed.

I have also ordered the other bits I need to get my aquamist kit fitted too. And the last bit was starting to look at fitting the brake ducts on the front.
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Nice to see you back and getting you hands dirty Greg!

Cheers,

Steve.
    The Perfectionist
    sigpic
    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Like wise, and wheres the pics? Interesting on the gear linkage affect from the mount change, something i may have to consider on mine me thinks...
      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Good man Greg - funny thing is I have noticed my gear change just not as robust of late. This could be a contender...
        Paul Nugent
        Webmaster http://S2central.net
        Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
        2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
        2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Where are you running the ducts from?
          Cheers'en, AndyC
          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Pictures will follow shortly of the brake ducts. They are replacing the original shields on the hubs and have a shaped duct to direct the air around the disc. Easy to fit too, a couple of notches to cut, bend a bit of the shield to allow room for AP calipers and make two metal straps to connect to the bolt holes.

I've only fitted one so far and will take some pics when I do the next one.
            Greg

Comment

Sweet, should be intersting as there's very little chance to make anything from the bumper to replace the fogs due to the chassis legs.
              Cheers'en, AndyC
              1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Quick update for you, i've tweaked the duct because it was catching the anti roll bar and the chassis on lock and will road test again tomorrow,
                Attached Files
                Greg

Comment

Working...
                X